Portraits: Adults with CF Fundraising book

B

bookperson

Loulou,
My husband writes about technology and things like big data for a living; one day last year he came home with a freebie from a publisher and it was The Human Face of Big Data! It was very cool to read your story in there and to see you on here!

H

hammerpocket

Ian, as a 43-year-old artist with CF myself, I am very interested in your book project. I would like to support you through funding and purchasing the final product, as well as being a photographic subject, if you so choose. I live in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota area. Good luck!

nanny

I will celebrate my 75th birthday in July. My diagnosis came only two years ago, although I have had the symptoms all my life. Doing well, glad to be alive. I am dedicated to educating folks, especially doctors, about the symptoms, so that thousands of adults of all ages can be diagnosed and improve the quality of their lives with good treatment. A few years ago I thought I would never be better than I was then, which was not good, but I have learned that with diagnosis life can be better. Cfers deserve it.

ianpett

I will celebrate my 75th birthday in July. My diagnosis came only two years ago, although I have had the symptoms all my life. Doing well, glad to be alive. I am dedicated to educating folks, especially doctors, about the symptoms, so that thousands of adults of all ages can be diagnosed and improve the quality of their lives with good treatment. A few years ago I thought I would never be better than I was then, which was not good, but I have learned that with diagnosis life can be better. Cfers deserve it.

Hi Nanny, where are you located? I would love to chat more - please email me directly: ianrosspettigrew@gmail.com

E

emmalav

Support!

I looked at your website and I publicly shared the page on facebook. I absolutely support another CFer's endeavors to bring awareness and raise funding for research, treatment, and one day soon a "cure". I would be interested in being a part of this project and will continue to pass along updates. I am 29 years old at the end of this month and have been diagnosed with CF since my birth in Quebec, Canada. I recently moved from Victoria, BC to Calgary Alberta so I should be able to spread the word in these cities. Keep it up!

ianpett

I looked at your website and I publicly shared the page on facebook. I absolutely support another CFer's endeavors to bring awareness and raise funding for research, treatment, and one day soon a "cure". I would be interested in being a part of this project and will continue to pass along updates. I am 29 years old at the end of this month and have been diagnosed with CF since my birth in Quebec, Canada. I recently moved from Victoria, BC to Calgary Alberta so I should be able to spread the word in these cities. Keep it up!

Thank you so much. Hoping to make getting out west a priority... lots of people want to be part of this out west (US and Canada)

L

Leah32

I would love to be a part of you project. I am 39 years old, diagnosed at 6 months old. I live in Alabama but would be happy to travel to join in. :)

ianpett

I would love to be a part of you project. I am 39 years old, diagnosed at 6 months old. I live in Alabama but would be happy to travel to join in. :)

I have Austin, Memphis and Atlanta on my map right now. I'd love to add in your location Alabama.

jalley

Hi Ian,

My name is Jessica. I'm 25 years old. I was diagnosed with CF at a week old. I just wanted to let you know that I truly love what you're doing with this project! You are going to impact so many lives. I live in the Memphis area and would love to be a part of your project in any way possible. Let me know how I can help!

Again, congrats on this new adventure! You will go far! :)

ianpett

Hi Ian,

My name is Jessica. I'm 25 years old. I was diagnosed with CF at a week old. I just wanted to let you know that I truly love what you're doing with this project! You are going to impact so many lives. I live in the Memphis area and would love to be a part of your project in any way possible. Let me know how I can help!

Again, congrats on this new adventure! You will go far! :)

please email me directly and stay in touch!!

ianrosspettigrew@gmail.com

D

Deb

I will be 54 next week. Diagnosed at 24. I live in central Illinois. Love the idea of your project.