Pre Existing?!

Gentrygirl

We are new to all of this. My 12 yr old son was diagnosed in June of this year. We have never gone without insurance, but I did switch to a new policy under BCBS in Feb of this year. He has always been treated for "Athsma". The insurance company is denying all claims, saying it is pre-existing. How does ANY CFer get covered? Obviously, any child with CF has a pre-existing condition. What do we do? We are out of meds, $10,000 + in bills looming over us, and no reimbursement in sight. Insurance companies are so greedy - it's more important to them to make a buck than see a child live. I'm sure someone out there had gone through this. Do I have an arguement? Do I need to see a lawyer?

Gentrygirl

We are new to all of this. My 12 yr old son was diagnosed in June of this year. We have never gone without insurance, but I did switch to a new policy under BCBS in Feb of this year. He has always been treated for "Athsma". The insurance company is denying all claims, saying it is pre-existing. How does ANY CFer get covered? Obviously, any child with CF has a pre-existing condition. What do we do? We are out of meds, $10,000 + in bills looming over us, and no reimbursement in sight. Insurance companies are so greedy - it's more important to them to make a buck than see a child live. I'm sure someone out there had gone through this. Do I have an arguement? Do I need to see a lawyer?

Gentrygirl

Gentrygirl

Gentrygirl

Boser

Go to this site. There is an attorney who will answer all your insurance questions free of charge I believe.

https://www.cfservicespharmacy.com/CFLegalInformationHotline/

Boser

Go to this site. There is an attorney who will answer all your insurance questions free of charge I believe.

Boser

Boser

Boser

<br />
<br />https://www.cfservicespharmacy.com/CFLegalInformationHotline/

Boser

The Cystic Fibrosis Legal Information Hotline

Have you had difficulties obtaining coverage for cystic fibrosis medications? Has your insurance company rejected your specialized cystic fibrosis care bills? Have you had trouble getting your child's cystic fibrosis needs met at school? Do you need information about applying for government benefits? Contact the Cystic Fibrosis Legal Information Hotline for help with your questions.

Boser

Have you had difficulties obtaining coverage for cystic fibrosis medications? Has your insurance company rejected your specialized cystic fibrosis care bills? Have you had trouble getting your child's cystic fibrosis needs met at school? Do you need information about applying for government benefits? Contact the Cystic Fibrosis Legal Information Hotline for help with your questions.

Boser

Boser

Boser

<br />
<br />Have you had difficulties obtaining coverage for cystic fibrosis medications? Has your insurance company rejected your specialized cystic fibrosis care bills? Have you had trouble getting your child's cystic fibrosis needs met at school? Do you need information about applying for government benefits? Contact the Cystic Fibrosis Legal Information Hotline for help with your questions.