Pre Existing?!

hmw

Take a look at this:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hipaa.html">FAQs About Portability Of Health Coverage And HIPAA</a>

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) really limits how much health insurance can legally deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions. Even if you've changed plans, if you've had continuous coverage for the last couple years, there should be virtually no waiting period during which they can refuse to cover so-called pre-existing conditions. (Gaps in coverage can stretch out a period of non-coverage, but not indefinitely- only about a year.) I am so sorry you are going through this!

I would definitely contact all of the manufacturers of his meds; most have programs for those who don't have coverage to provide them for low (or even no) cost. Many hospitals also offer financial aid if you can find the right person to talk to (perhaps ask the clinic social worker, if she is empathetic, who to contact rather than someone in billing!); I'd contact them and explain what you are going through and see if they are willing to work with you. I hope you are able to get this worked out as soon as possible.

hmw

Take a look at this:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hipaa.html">FAQs About Portability Of Health Coverage And HIPAA</a>

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) really limits how much health insurance can legally deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions. Even if you've changed plans, if you've had continuous coverage for the last couple years, there should be virtually no waiting period during which they can refuse to cover so-called pre-existing conditions. (Gaps in coverage can stretch out a period of non-coverage, but not indefinitely- only about a year.) I am so sorry you are going through this!

I would definitely contact all of the manufacturers of his meds; most have programs for those who don't have coverage to provide them for low (or even no) cost. Many hospitals also offer financial aid if you can find the right person to talk to (perhaps ask the clinic social worker, if she is empathetic, who to contact rather than someone in billing!); I'd contact them and explain what you are going through and see if they are willing to work with you. I hope you are able to get this worked out as soon as possible.

hmw

Take a look at this:

hmw

Take a look at this:

hmw

Take a look at this:
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hipaa.html">FAQs About Portability Of Health Coverage And HIPAA</a>
<br />
<br />The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) really limits how much health insurance can legally deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions. Even if you've changed plans, if you've had continuous coverage for the last couple years, there should be virtually no waiting period during which they can refuse to cover so-called pre-existing conditions. (Gaps in coverage can stretch out a period of non-coverage, but not indefinitely- only about a year.) I am so sorry you are going through this!
<br />
<br />I would definitely contact all of the manufacturers of his meds; most have programs for those who don't have coverage to provide them for low (or even no) cost. Many hospitals also offer financial aid if you can find the right person to talk to (perhaps ask the clinic social worker, if she is empathetic, who to contact rather than someone in billing!); I'd contact them and explain what you are going through and see if they are willing to work with you. I hope you are able to get this worked out as soon as possible.

Gentrygirl

Thank you for your encouragement. I get alot of people that shrug their shoulders. I need that "Go get 'em!" to keep me strong. I don't know what people do that get the same thing and don't have the time or resources to pursue it. Again, CF Legal team says we are in the right. Have a lawyer hired, will pursue with guns a blazin! Drafting a letter for the news, congressman, insurance board, etc. This company will be made an example of if it is the last thing I do. People die every day because of their greed, and it needs to be stopped.

Solvay has been great - got a good amount of Creon to get us through, Pulmozyme just started, Tobi on its way, too. There is NO WAY to afford these things on our own. We got denied help from the state because I have insurance (that won't pay), and I make $24,000 a year.

Gentrygirl

Thank you for your encouragement. I get alot of people that shrug their shoulders. I need that "Go get 'em!" to keep me strong. I don't know what people do that get the same thing and don't have the time or resources to pursue it. Again, CF Legal team says we are in the right. Have a lawyer hired, will pursue with guns a blazin! Drafting a letter for the news, congressman, insurance board, etc. This company will be made an example of if it is the last thing I do. People die every day because of their greed, and it needs to be stopped.

Solvay has been great - got a good amount of Creon to get us through, Pulmozyme just started, Tobi on its way, too. There is NO WAY to afford these things on our own. We got denied help from the state because I have insurance (that won't pay), and I make $24,000 a year.

Gentrygirl

Gentrygirl

Gentrygirl

<br />
<br />Solvay has been great - got a good amount of Creon to get us through, Pulmozyme just started, Tobi on its way, too. There is NO WAY to afford these things on our own. We got denied help from the state because I have insurance (that won't pay), and I make $24,000 a year.

Landy

When you switched policies, did you go 61 days or more without coverage or COBRA? Is this private insurance or a group insurance (i.e. employer sponsored) plan?

Landy

When you switched policies, did you go 61 days or more without coverage or COBRA? Is this private insurance or a group insurance (i.e. employer sponsored) plan?

Landy

Landy

Landy