Precision Medical Easy Comp 50 psi Compressor Loud

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Pulled the trigger on a 50 psi compressor after our Invacare mobilaire started having issues. The new one is so flipping loud. Am going to contact the company, but wondered if this is the nature of the compressor and something we just need to live with. The other issue is I can't keep it on the table because despite suction cup legs, it moves across surfaces during treatments.

Unknowncystic

Hi, I just got one too as a back up to my aging Mobilaire. It moves along my hardwood floors and doesn't say in one place. But my Mobilaire does the same thing.

The problem I'm having with the Easy Comp is that it gets crazy hot at the top and metal of the pressure adjustment knob. The heat causes the nebulizer cord to expand where it connects to the compressor, which leads to popping. Does yours get hot too? Too hot to touch? I just called Precision Medical and they said it's not supposed to get that hot. I need to call the place I purchased it from and get a new one.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't get overly hot. It does get warm, but supposedly if it overheats, it'll shut off. We run it 30-45 minutes at a time. I did have issues with the
Mobilaire
and tubes popping off, so I ordered some heavier duty ones for the Pari Vios Pro, which has a higher PSI and that seemed to do the trick. Also, I don't like the green plastic adapter that came with it so am thinking about removing the brass one from the mobilaire or ordering a new one, as the tubes seemed to fit better on those.

Unknowncystic

That's a great tip about the heavier duty ones. I didn't know they existed. Thanks. Where did you get them from pari?

Re the mobilaire, between Amazon and Home Depot, I've been able to replace parts. For the hose popping off, I went to home depot and bought a clamp. It has a screw in it and a band and I can tighten it over the hose.

I was also thinking of replacing the green adapter with one a similar one to the mobilaire. I'll probably order it from Amazon. I need to get a replacement for my Easy Comp because it gets too hot to touch.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I did see some brass or nickel nipple and nut adapters somewhere online, along with the plastic green ones. The green Christmas tree ones I think are just too big and the hoses pop off. As for the pari tubing, I think I got them from Justnebulizers --- they were about $10, but well worth the price. I did see them on amazon, but twice the price.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
realize this is an old post... But we never did find a solution to why the compressor got so hot & last few days I noticed the pressure was turned way up, but didn't seem to maintain up to 25-30 on gauge. Was going to have hubby check it out, meanwhile changed filter. Thought machine was getting louder, still got hot, but figured was just my teen losing track of time while gaming and vesting. Last night heard a loud crack and the tube snapped off.

Our previous mobilaire lasted several years, this precision medical easy pretty much a year and a half and warranty was only a year. we have a couple spares we travel with and I'm leaning toward a Pari Vios pro out of pocket which has a 5 year warranty. Figure I can check with clinic next week know a lot of local people have gotten the huge heavy duty, almost hospital grade from theirs. Those seem to be $$$, but can see if insurance will cover. They won't cover neb cups so not sure how this plays out. Always on a weekend. Sigh!