Pregnant! Now what?

liveitup

Hi all. Here is a little about me. I am 34 years old and have been married for over 12 years. We have 2 adopted children. My FEV is 108% and am thankfully very healthy. We had done IVF in the past which resulted in an early m/c and ectopic pregnancy (gave up on that 6 + years ago!) We decided to give IVF one last try this year. We went to a new doctor and did PGD testing this time. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow, and I am terrified! (Excited, thankful, and terrified! Mostly because of how my previous pregnancies ended.)

So I have questions! I have been taking Tobi Pod and Pro Air...Has anyone taken these during pregnancy? I have my first OB apt in 2 weeks...

Any input or advice is so greatly appreciated!

b

W

welshwitch

No advice, but congrats on your pregnancy! I know that other CF women here have definitely gotten the run down of what is OK and not OK to take during pregnancy....hopefully some will chime here. Great news!!!!

marisalynn

Congratulations! When I was pregnant, my dr took me off of Tobi, but I continued albuterol, which is the same as Pro Air, if I remember right. I also continued Pulmozyme, Advair, and Hypertonic saline, and delivered a healthy baby girl at 37 &1/2 weeks, who is now 2 years old. It will be very beneficial to you that your lung function is so good. Mine FEV1 was in the mid-upper 80s pre pregnancy, and didn't go down at all until the very end of my pregnancy, and came right back up after I had her. Hoping for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy for you!

Marisa

AttyMom

I do not know about TOBI pod, but my OB did research when it was recommended I take TOBI and said it could cause the possible baby hearing loss. That was back in 1998 and when TOBI was still new, so they may have more info now. You definitely should talk with your CF and OB doctors.

Congrats & I wish you an easy and stressful pregnancy!

(By the way, I was instead put on a "safer" med and had a very healthy 10 pound 4 ounce boy--who's now in high school--eek!)

N

neriyenpoole

Hi all. Here is a little about me. I am 34 years old and have been married for over 12 years. We have 2 adopted children. My FEV is 108% and am thankfully very healthy. We had done IVF in the past which resulted in an early m/c and ectopic pregnancy (gave up on that 6 + years ago!) We decided to give IVF one last try this year. We went to a new doctor and did PGD testing this time. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow, and I am terrified! (Excited, thankful, and terrified! Mostly because of how my previous pregnancies ended.)

So I have questions! I have been taking Tobi Pod and Pro Air...Has anyone taken these during pregnancy? I have my first OB apt in 2 weeks...

Any input or advice is so greatly appreciated!

b

First of all Many Many Congratulations !! :) :) I wish you'll have a lovely baby :)
And secondly about Tobi Pod and Pro Air, to be frank I haven't taken it but yes one of friend who used to take it that to in a small proportion and its fine to take,, but I would suggest you that ask your doctor about these I'm sure he/she would definitely give you proper direction since during pregnancy you need to take precautions before taking any thing.

liveitup

Thank you all for your responses, advice, and congratulations! I had my first ultrasound today, and things look great! I am starting to get excited now :). My doctor's appointments are all set up, and I'm ready to go! This has been such an emotional experience, and I cannot wait to share our "news" with our family and friends. I am sure I will be lurking here - feel free to message me with any questions about anything. We live in the US :).

God Bless,
b

T

Tombliboo

Congratulatons, what wonderful news! I bet you can hardly believe it? (FART2)The Tobi is an interesting question. Some of our members on the CF Mummies Facebook group have been told they can continue with it and others have been told to stop it. It seems to depend on your doctors and on how much impact it has on your health. Good luck!

P.S: I would love to message with you but my PM doesn't work on here. You can find me here though: https://www.facebook.com/emma.harris.16

J

John O

Hey liveitup,

Congrats on your pregnancy. I just wanted to offer anyone to read my story about IVF and PGD. We had our miracle born CF free last year in October. She truly is a miracle. If anyone has any questions go ahead and message me on here or on my blog :)

http://livingmydreamswithcf.blogspot.com/p/ivf.html

John
Fibro 28 years old.

samanthasteven

I too had an ectopic pregnancy and lost my tube. I know how devastating this is. For me, it seemed so biased and dreamlike and I started to question everything. Ectopic pregnancy is really very difficult to deal with. I’ve suffered from depression which has typically been situational. I have been also referring to https://www.everydayhealth.com/ectopic-pregnancy/guide/ for everything related to ectopic pregnancy and babies, and it is quite useful.