Programs for medications/anyone else on Sporanox?

mnmthomson

Our son has CF and is 10 years old. We have insurance that is pretty good however he has been dx with a fungal infection in his lungs. In order to treat it he has to be on Sporanox for 4-6 months. Because of his weight he has to be on the liquid and not pill forms. This is a VERY expensive medication. Even with our copay its going to cost us $1200 a month. There is no way we can afford that. I have tried everything I can think of to get help. We make too much money for any state or federal programs like medicaid. I have checked with the actual pharm companies for help as well. They only program i could find is for people with HIV/AIDS. Is there anyone else who is on this medication? How does everyone pay for their meds to keep their kids and themselves well? Are there any programs out there to help us?

mnmthomson

Our son has CF and is 10 years old. We have insurance that is pretty good however he has been dx with a fungal infection in his lungs. In order to treat it he has to be on Sporanox for 4-6 months. Because of his weight he has to be on the liquid and not pill forms. This is a VERY expensive medication. Even with our copay its going to cost us $1200 a month. There is no way we can afford that. I have tried everything I can think of to get help. We make too much money for any state or federal programs like medicaid. I have checked with the actual pharm companies for help as well. They only program i could find is for people with HIV/AIDS. Is there anyone else who is on this medication? How does everyone pay for their meds to keep their kids and themselves well? Are there any programs out there to help us?

mnmthomson

mnmthomson

mnmthomson