Pseudomonas fluorescens

Jshet22

Hi guys. Been awhile since I posted but was Just wondering if there is any need for concern when child cultures pseudomonas fluorescens? It's the first time and I called the clinic but sometimes they are slow to get back to you. Thank you so much Jshet22

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS cultured it about 9 years ago and the doctor really wasn't concerned as it was shown as rare, I don't recall what it was sensitive to, but doctor didn't change any of his meds --- was already on Tobi due to a culture of pseudo a few years before, but no longer cultured and azithromycin. It didn't show up on the next culture and then shortly afterwards DS was hospitalized for an obstruction and the doctor decided to do an IV cleanout since he was inpatient anyway and he hasn't cultured it since. I do recall I couldn't find any info on it and probably posted here about it.

Jshet22

Thank you so much for replying. The doc called this morning and said he's gonna put him on tobi for 28 days to see if that rids it. He will make a further decision based on the results of the next culture if he will need to stay on it or not. Thanks again.