Pulmo-Aide Compressor/Nebulizer

idajune

I have been using the same compressor for nebs since about 1995. I have since purchased two others, one for travel and one when I was in college, so I could leave on at school and have one at home. The reason I use the old one is becuase it is quieter then my newer one. But I got to thinking is it possible that it can get old and not process the medication as fast, and thus making the medicine less effective?

Just a thought, any ideas?

idajune

I have been using the same compressor for nebs since about 1995. I have since purchased two others, one for travel and one when I was in college, so I could leave on at school and have one at home. The reason I use the old one is becuase it is quieter then my newer one. But I got to thinking is it possible that it can get old and not process the medication as fast, and thus making the medicine less effective?

idajune

idajune

idajune

thefrogprincess

I have had my Pulmo-Aide for more than 20 years. It seems to do just fine still, but you may just need it serviced if you notice that it is slower. I would contact the manufacturer and see what they say.

thefrogprincess

I have had my Pulmo-Aide for more than 20 years. It seems to do just fine still, but you may just need it serviced if you notice that it is slower. I would contact the manufacturer and see what they say.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

JazzysMom

I held onto my one compressor because it also was quiter for some reason. I had to switch eventually because the length of administering the meds was getting dreadfully long.

Meds are designed to be administered in certain doses at certain rates so I would say that yes it can affect the effectivesness of them.

JazzysMom

I held onto my one compressor because it also was quiter for some reason. I had to switch eventually because the length of administering the meds was getting dreadfully long.

Meds are designed to be administered in certain doses at certain rates so I would say that yes it can affect the effectivesness of them.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Alyssa

Do you have health insurance? If yes, you should be able to get a new Pulmo-Aide without too much problem.

You just need your doctor to prescribe one again to you. My daughter thought hers wasn't working as well anymore, the nurse said that insurance companies typically will buy new ones about every four years. The doc wrote and Rx, placed the order and we got a new one within a few days.... they are relatively cheap (as far as CF stuff is concerned) about $100.

Alyssa

Do you have health insurance? If yes, you should be able to get a new Pulmo-Aide without too much problem.

You just need your doctor to prescribe one again to you. My daughter thought hers wasn't working as well anymore, the nurse said that insurance companies typically will buy new ones about every four years. The doc wrote and Rx, placed the order and we got a new one within a few days.... they are relatively cheap (as far as CF stuff is concerned) about $100.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa