Pulmonary Hypertension

CFfisherman

Anyone diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension after lung transplant? I just had a routine echocardiogram and my cardiologist said I have mild pulmonary hypertension, which he does not think needs to be treated at this point. Curious to know if this is common after transplant. I understand that it is common in end stage CF, so I most probably had it at that point, but supposedly a lung transplant would fix that. Any input would be appreciated.

Melissa75

Administrator
CFfisherman,
This is the correct forum to post in for your question, but as no one has replied, I suggest posting again in the Adults section because it gets the most traffic and people might see it. I hope you get an answer!

N

neil.corrigan12

My aunt had a pulmonary hypertension after getting a lung transplant. I'm just not sure the reason as to why but as what I remembered there was some complication after the transplant.

medical002

For Primary Pulmonary Hypertension, The average is three years. We must remember that there is a lot bringing that average down due to not ever knowing they had the disease. My friend died after just six months of diagnoses. so you never know.