ques dr taylor, about doc appts...

anonymous

hey! see i go to the doc every other week, to 2 months longest away from the doci thank Gd am doing well, and i have never been hospitalized, yet im at the doc all the time for check ups... when im feeling 100% i come back 2 months later....but it seems that a lot of people w CF go to their docs like every 3-4 monthsdont get me wrong i love my doc, we're like best friends and the CF team i go to is 'family'...but i was wondering if there is a reason for this?...maybe thats y im feeling so well most of the time, yet i still go every 3 weeks and all...any thoughts?

Mockingbird

Every three weeks? That must get expensive.... Well, i guess if you're in England or Canada or something like that it wouldn't, but for me my bills would be monstrous. =-)

kybert

i go to my doc every month. im not that sick but my condition has a tendency to change very quickly instead of slowly, so frequent visits are needed.

Joblazer86

I go to the clinic every month now. It use to be every three months but because my condition is severe now it is every month. It does put a damper on funds but health is worth more than money.

CheerColl

I have always gone every 3 months. I have talked to others in my clinic, and that is how often they go to. I have good PFTs (in the high 80s) and have only had IVs 4 times. I know other people whose PFTs aren't as high only go every 3 months too. But of course, if I am not feeling well I will go in.

anonymous

well as i said...i go every 3 weeks or less...or more...2 months longest...and i have on been on iv 2x ever, and never hospitalized....so maybe its a good thing i go all the time...my PFT's r also 95% (sometimes dependong on how im feeling it could be in low 80's)....but i go all the time...going again next weeki think insurance covers it all...but insurance is INSANELY expensive...to the point that thank Gosh my father and mother r wokring....bc if i were on my own (im still under my parents care)...it would be everything i think i woudl make...insane!...im assuming one day when i make a living o my own, w a spouse hopefully...my income would be all for insurance....i hear being a teacher has good medical coverage but bc itsw kids all the time we're (cfers) r not supposed to be around kids, so im not going to go into education...as of yetthats all