Question 3

T

tarheel

1. medicare screws everything up. dont let them touch this.
2. Why should secondary insurance even be nessisary if the system functions correctly?

T

tarheel

2. Why should secondary insurance even be nessisary if the system functions correctly?

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

<br />2. Why should secondary insurance even be nessisary if the system functions correctly?

ginandbrea

Yes, definetely secondary insurance. My daughter's private health insurance covers MOST costs, but when she has a 2 week stay at Children's (3 times this year), the bill is approx. $60K, then my portion is 20%, so YES, a secondary is needed for me.

ginandbrea

Yes, definetely secondary insurance. My daughter's private health insurance covers MOST costs, but when she has a 2 week stay at Children's (3 times this year), the bill is approx. $60K, then my portion is 20%, so YES, a secondary is needed for me.

ginandbrea

ginandbrea

ginandbrea

Tammy15

It depends on how much cost and at what % cover. For example I work in insurance there are plans that if they are secondary and the prime carrier pays more than they would have they pay nothing. This is called non-duplication of benefits. So basically most times you pay out of pocket. Also even regular cob can be nightmares if the secondary requires you use one of their doctors and yours is not then you still pay out of pocket. If the doctor is participating with both they are only allowed to go to negotiated fee so again secondary may not cover so you are paying for a benefit that never gets used. This would really need to be looked at carefully

Tammy15

It depends on how much cost and at what % cover. For example I work in insurance there are plans that if they are secondary and the prime carrier pays more than they would have they pay nothing. This is called non-duplication of benefits. So basically most times you pay out of pocket. Also even regular cob can be nightmares if the secondary requires you use one of their doctors and yours is not then you still pay out of pocket. If the doctor is participating with both they are only allowed to go to negotiated fee so again secondary may not cover so you are paying for a benefit that never gets used. This would really need to be looked at carefully

Tammy15

Tammy15

Tammy15

C

cfpatience

I agree...if the primary Insurance was working correctly...there should be no need for a secondary.

However, to answer the question...it would depend on the cost and coverage and wether it would be affordable.

C

cfpatience

I agree...if the primary Insurance was working correctly...there should be no need for a secondary.

However, to answer the question...it would depend on the cost and coverage and wether it would be affordable.

C

cfpatience

C

cfpatience

C

cfpatience

<br />
<br />However, to answer the question...it would depend on the cost and coverage and wether it would be affordable.