Question 7

saveferris2009

by deciding to not pay for medical treatment for "lifestyle" diseases.

more people would work to avoid getting diabetes/heart disease , etc. if they knew that medicare wouldn't be there to pay their huge bills.

if you don't exercise or eat well, the consequences should come out of your pocket....

saveferris2009

more people would work to avoid getting diabetes/heart disease , etc. if they knew that medicare wouldn't be there to pay their huge bills.

if you don't exercise or eat well, the consequences should come out of your pocket....

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />more people would work to avoid getting diabetes/heart disease , etc. if they knew that medicare wouldn't be there to pay their huge bills.
<br />
<br />if you don't exercise or eat well, the consequences should come out of your pocket....

T

tarheel

DONT COVER PEOPLE WHO SMOKE!!! Lifestyle disease- like the first one said- but diabetes and heart disease can come about not from lifestyle- and the insurance would of course write them off as lifestyle. If their credit card is scanned as buying cigarettes then the insurance should delay/lower coverage.

T

tarheel

DONT COVER PEOPLE WHO SMOKE!!! Lifestyle disease- like the first one said- but diabetes and heart disease can come about not from lifestyle- and the insurance would of course write them off as lifestyle. If their credit card is scanned as buying cigarettes then the insurance should delay/lower coverage.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

ginandbrea

I agree that insurance should be extremely costly for smokers/drinkers who "bring things upon themselves".

I totaly disagree that more people would work if they knew insurance would not cover diabetes/heart disease. These are not "lifestyle" diseases. Just the same with CF, everyone is different and sometimes no matter how many treatments a person with CF can do or how compliant a person with CF is, they may have a more severe case than others. With diabetes and heart disease, sometimes diet and excercise cannot make things better, some have a more severe case than others.

I personally know someone, a singer, who is young and is diabetic, no matter how compliant they are, they still have a severe case.

What about all of the basketball players & runners who have died at 17 or 20 years of age from a heart attack, it's not from lack of diet and excercise.

ginandbrea

I agree that insurance should be extremely costly for smokers/drinkers who "bring things upon themselves".

I totaly disagree that more people would work if they knew insurance would not cover diabetes/heart disease. These are not "lifestyle" diseases. Just the same with CF, everyone is different and sometimes no matter how many treatments a person with CF can do or how compliant a person with CF is, they may have a more severe case than others. With diabetes and heart disease, sometimes diet and excercise cannot make things better, some have a more severe case than others.

I personally know someone, a singer, who is young and is diabetic, no matter how compliant they are, they still have a severe case.

What about all of the basketball players & runners who have died at 17 or 20 years of age from a heart attack, it's not from lack of diet and excercise.

ginandbrea

ginandbrea

ginandbrea

<br />
<br />I totaly disagree that more people would work if they knew insurance would not cover diabetes/heart disease. These are not "lifestyle" diseases. Just the same with CF, everyone is different and sometimes no matter how many treatments a person with CF can do or how compliant a person with CF is, they may have a more severe case than others. With diabetes and heart disease, sometimes diet and excercise cannot make things better, some have a more severe case than others.
<br />
<br />I personally know someone, a singer, who is young and is diabetic, no matter how compliant they are, they still have a severe case.
<br />
<br />What about all of the basketball players & runners who have died at 17 or 20 years of age from a heart attack, it's not from lack of diet and excercise.