Question about my vest

I was wondering if any of you ever experience a tightness and difficulty breathing after you've done your vest therapy? I was thinking it could be that "stuff" is getting moved around and blocking an airwave or something?

Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks!

I was wondering if any of you ever experience a tightness and difficulty breathing after you've done your vest therapy? I was thinking it could be that "stuff" is getting moved around and blocking an airwave or something?

Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks!

<br />
<br />Any thoughts/experiences?
<br />
<br />Thanks!

carmick

I've been having this problem for the past 6 months or so and I don't know what it is. It's definitely annoying to be wheezing after treatments when you weren't before. I started doing xopenex as my last neb instead of my first and that has helped some. Anyone have any better ideas?

carmick

I've been having this problem for the past 6 months or so and I don't know what it is. It's definitely annoying to be wheezing after treatments when you weren't before. I started doing xopenex as my last neb instead of my first and that has helped some. Anyone have any better ideas?

carmick

W

windex125

I find that I have the tightness as well as racing but I know that the Abuertol still does that, I think it does move stuff around and it is important to huff in between. Very werid I inhale to clear the wheezing and sometimes I get the wheezing I just go with the flow it passes. Good luck. Pat-55/CF

W

windex125

I find that I have the tightness as well as racing but I know that the Abuertol still does that, I think it does move stuff around and it is important to huff in between. Very werid I inhale to clear the wheezing and sometimes I get the wheezing I just go with the flow it passes. Good luck. Pat-55/CF

W

windex125

Yes, I am doing the hypertonic saline before the Pulmozyme. Wierd, I have no problems with the hts but once I do the Pulmozyme, it is an absolute struggle to breathe. What is up with this???

Yes, I am doing the hypertonic saline before the Pulmozyme. Wierd, I have no problems with the hts but once I do the Pulmozyme, it is an absolute struggle to breathe. What is up with this???

theLostMiler

hmm really? I have noticed with my decreased lung function that HTS is harder to tolerate now... then again I am on 7% still but I had read about it on here that HTS can become more of an irritant than airway clearer once you do start getting into lower and lower functions... and/or asthma becomes an issue...

About a week ago, I had to switch too pulmozyme in the mornings and nights alone, and then for my middle treatment HTS... I was constantly wheezing and like you, felt worse after vest and HTS than before as far as the airways feeling closed up.

It didnt help that for about 3 weeks I was doing HTS 4 x a day so I think that was the triggger factor for me... I have felt a TON better on my new routine with pulmozyme twice a day again... I was hesistant to do it b/c I used to feel like HTS worked so much better than pulmozyem (and I was doing them both in one treatment) but then I read that pulmozyme is actually supposed to work longer and that pulmozyme is so sensative that any salt will denature it and make it useless.

I have found that on my new schedule, I do feel like my mucus is thin for most of the day and night, and like I said, no more wheezing... the one HTS treatments seems to be doing the trick for me.

theLostMiler

hmm really? I have noticed with my decreased lung function that HTS is harder to tolerate now... then again I am on 7% still but I had read about it on here that HTS can become more of an irritant than airway clearer once you do start getting into lower and lower functions... and/or asthma becomes an issue...

About a week ago, I had to switch too pulmozyme in the mornings and nights alone, and then for my middle treatment HTS... I was constantly wheezing and like you, felt worse after vest and HTS than before as far as the airways feeling closed up.

It didnt help that for about 3 weeks I was doing HTS 4 x a day so I think that was the triggger factor for me... I have felt a TON better on my new routine with pulmozyme twice a day again... I was hesistant to do it b/c I used to feel like HTS worked so much better than pulmozyem (and I was doing them both in one treatment) but then I read that pulmozyme is actually supposed to work longer and that pulmozyme is so sensative that any salt will denature it and make it useless.

I have found that on my new schedule, I do feel like my mucus is thin for most of the day and night, and like I said, no more wheezing... the one HTS treatments seems to be doing the trick for me.

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />About a week ago, I had to switch too pulmozyme in the mornings and nights alone, and then for my middle treatment HTS... I was constantly wheezing and like you, felt worse after vest and HTS than before as far as the airways feeling closed up.
<br />
<br />It didnt help that for about 3 weeks I was doing HTS 4 x a day so I think that was the triggger factor for me... I have felt a TON better on my new routine with pulmozyme twice a day again... I was hesistant to do it b/c I used to feel like HTS worked so much better than pulmozyem (and I was doing them both in one treatment) but then I read that pulmozyme is actually supposed to work longer and that pulmozyme is so sensative that any salt will denature it and make it useless.
<br />
<br />I have found that on my new schedule, I do feel like my mucus is thin for most of the day and night, and like I said, no more wheezing... the one HTS treatments seems to be doing the trick for me.

theLostMiler

Also, have you told your docs? Possibly thrown the idea around of alternating btwn pulmozyme and HTS... if you want anyways... I find they work in such different ways, I prefer doing them separately b/c when together, the HTS kinda becomes prominent (like I said, why I felt pulmo was ineffective for me).

Hope this helps or gives you some ideas to work with... Lastly... are you on any ashtma mainentance meds like advair/symbicort? I do symbicort and that also helped with the wheezing.

theLostMiler

Also, have you told your docs? Possibly thrown the idea around of alternating btwn pulmozyme and HTS... if you want anyways... I find they work in such different ways, I prefer doing them separately b/c when together, the HTS kinda becomes prominent (like I said, why I felt pulmo was ineffective for me).

Hope this helps or gives you some ideas to work with... Lastly... are you on any ashtma mainentance meds like advair/symbicort? I do symbicort and that also helped with the wheezing.