Question about Ovulation Test Kits

rnjessica

I've used the regular ovulation tests and the digital kind. Not the expensive monitor, but the pack that gives you either a smiley face or a plain circle. Either work just fine for me, and have always been accurate for me. We're TTC too, so good luck!! I've always tested once I got home from work that way I was consistent usually around 3 pm. BEST WISHES!!!

rnjessica

I've used the regular ovulation tests and the digital kind. Not the expensive monitor, but the pack that gives you either a smiley face or a plain circle. Either work just fine for me, and have always been accurate for me. We're TTC too, so good luck!! I've always tested once I got home from work that way I was consistent usually around 3 pm. BEST WISHES!!!

rnjessica

rnjessica

rnjessica

GordonsGirl

My doctor told me to test after 8pm. I usually tested around 4, and then again after 6, and then again right before bed. When I finally did get a positive, it was on my afternoon test. My doctor definitely said not to test in the morning though. The pregnancy tests of course you use in the morning.

I spent way too much money on ovulation tests though... You surge for like two days, so a couple hours is okay to miss. When I would do the pregnancy test, I would do about three of those a day (even after I got my positive I kept testing for a week because I was afraid it wasn't real). My husband joked that I had some addiction to peeing on sticks. My first ovulation was almost five days past when the kit said to start testing, so hang in there if you haven't found your perfect cycle yet.

GordonsGirl

My doctor told me to test after 8pm. I usually tested around 4, and then again after 6, and then again right before bed. When I finally did get a positive, it was on my afternoon test. My doctor definitely said not to test in the morning though. The pregnancy tests of course you use in the morning.

I spent way too much money on ovulation tests though... You surge for like two days, so a couple hours is okay to miss. When I would do the pregnancy test, I would do about three of those a day (even after I got my positive I kept testing for a week because I was afraid it wasn't real). My husband joked that I had some addiction to peeing on sticks. My first ovulation was almost five days past when the kit said to start testing, so hang in there if you haven't found your perfect cycle yet.

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

<br />
<br />I spent way too much money on ovulation tests though... You surge for like two days, so a couple hours is okay to miss. When I would do the pregnancy test, I would do about three of those a day (even after I got my positive I kept testing for a week because I was afraid it wasn't real). My husband joked that I had some addiction to peeing on sticks. My first ovulation was almost five days past when the kit said to start testing, so hang in there if you haven't found your perfect cycle yet.

Kristen

A few things:

1) Some people only surge for like 12 hours, so you can miss your surge.

2) You should hold your pee and reduce liquid intake for at least 2 hours before using the test - the directions with your particular OPK will tell you more specific info.

3) Not all brands of OPKs work for everyone. The only brand that gives me consistent positives are the First Response ones.

4) If you use a monitor, it sometimes takes a couple of cycles to "get to know you" and actually start working. I like using the monitor because I can just use it first thing in the morning - no worrying about holding my pee or doing the test at work. Plus, it tests for LH hormone AND estrogen and can tell you further in advance when you are getting closer to ovulating - it (usually) gives you low, high, and peak readings.

5) For those who may not know, OPKs, PG tests, and fertility monitors can be bought with FSA money. Helps a little bit with the cost.

Kristen

A few things:

2) You should hold your pee and reduce liquid intake for at least 2 hours before using the test - the directions with your particular OPK will tell you more specific info.

3) Not all brands of OPKs work for everyone. The only brand that gives me consistent positives are the First Response ones.

4) If you use a monitor, it sometimes takes a couple of cycles to "get to know you" and actually start working. I like using the monitor because I can just use it first thing in the morning - no worrying about holding my pee or doing the test at work. Plus, it tests for LH hormone AND estrogen and can tell you further in advance when you are getting closer to ovulating - it (usually) gives you low, high, and peak readings.

5) For those who may not know, OPKs, PG tests, and fertility monitors can be bought with FSA money. Helps a little bit with the cost.

Kristen

A few things:

Kristen

A few things:

Kristen

A few things:
<br />
<br />1) Some people only surge for like 12 hours, so you can miss your surge.
<br />
<br />2) You should hold your pee and reduce liquid intake for at least 2 hours before using the test - the directions with your particular OPK will tell you more specific info.
<br />
<br />3) Not all brands of OPKs work for everyone. The only brand that gives me consistent positives are the First Response ones.
<br />
<br />4) If you use a monitor, it sometimes takes a couple of cycles to "get to know you" and actually start working. I like using the monitor because I can just use it first thing in the morning - no worrying about holding my pee or doing the test at work. Plus, it tests for LH hormone AND estrogen and can tell you further in advance when you are getting closer to ovulating - it (usually) gives you low, high, and peak readings.
<br />
<br />5) For those who may not know, OPKs, PG tests, and fertility monitors can be bought with FSA money. Helps a little bit with the cost.