Question about Ovulation Test Kits

serendipity730

Hi all,

My hubby and I are finally TTC (delayed by pneumonia then sinus surgery)! I am using the ovulation test kits, and so far, no ovulation (though I would have expected a positive a few days ago). I was looking online to make sure I was going everything right, and I noticed that there were conflicting opinion on what time of day to test. I usually test first thing in the morning, but I saw some websites said not to. If you used ovulation test kits, what time of day did you test??

Thanks!!!

serendipity730

Hi all,

My hubby and I are finally TTC (delayed by pneumonia then sinus surgery)! I am using the ovulation test kits, and so far, no ovulation (though I would have expected a positive a few days ago). I was looking online to make sure I was going everything right, and I noticed that there were conflicting opinion on what time of day to test. I usually test first thing in the morning, but I saw some websites said not to. If you used ovulation test kits, what time of day did you test??

Thanks!!!

serendipity730

Hi all,

Thanks!!!

serendipity730

Hi all,

Thanks!!!

serendipity730

Hi all,
<br />
<br />My hubby and I are finally TTC (delayed by pneumonia then sinus surgery)! I am using the ovulation test kits, and so far, no ovulation (though I would have expected a positive a few days ago). I was looking online to make sure I was going everything right, and I noticed that there were conflicting opinion on what time of day to test. I usually test first thing in the morning, but I saw some websites said not to. If you used ovulation test kits, what time of day did you test??
<br />
<br />Thanks!!!

Lamp

I tested in the afternoons. My directions were to test between 10-8pm. Thats a big time gap!!! First morning urine won't have the surge since it happens later in the day. So I just picked a time in the middle and stuck with it!! Although I ovulate every month, I've never had much luck getting a CLEAR positive with those OPK's. Not sure why...I'd get a second dim line but never as dark as the control line. Maybe my testing strips are cheap or something!! lol I used the ones from earlypregnancytests.com

Take care,
Laura

Lamp

I tested in the afternoons. My directions were to test between 10-8pm. Thats a big time gap!!! First morning urine won't have the surge since it happens later in the day. So I just picked a time in the middle and stuck with it!! Although I ovulate every month, I've never had much luck getting a CLEAR positive with those OPK's. Not sure why...I'd get a second dim line but never as dark as the control line. Maybe my testing strips are cheap or something!! lol I used the ones from earlypregnancytests.com

Take care,
Laura

Lamp

Take care,
Laura

Lamp

Take care,
Laura

Lamp

<br />
<br />Take care,
<br />Laura

B

BeccaRN

The line tests are very hard to read and misread, my doc suggested that I use the digitals that give a smiley face or the ovulation monitor. It is expensive at first, but it has paid off over the long run as I have had to use it for so long, and it is extremely acurate. No mistakes. You turn it on the same time of the day, what ever time you chose, my doc said first morning urine, everyday when you turn it on it tells you whether to pee on a stick or not. It is really great.

B

BeccaRN

The line tests are very hard to read and misread, my doc suggested that I use the digitals that give a smiley face or the ovulation monitor. It is expensive at first, but it has paid off over the long run as I have had to use it for so long, and it is extremely acurate. No mistakes. You turn it on the same time of the day, what ever time you chose, my doc said first morning urine, everyday when you turn it on it tells you whether to pee on a stick or not. It is really great.

B

BeccaRN

B

BeccaRN

B

BeccaRN

H

hopesiris

When I used them I had a surge unexpectedly but I don't remember if it was morning or night. If you want cheap OPK sticks I saw them at Dollar Tree for a buck. That way if you test morning and night it doesn't cost as much. I use the pregnancy tests and they are good, detected my last pregnancy only 2 days after I had a positive test using those expensive First Response Early Detection sticks.

H

hopesiris

When I used them I had a surge unexpectedly but I don't remember if it was morning or night. If you want cheap OPK sticks I saw them at Dollar Tree for a buck. That way if you test morning and night it doesn't cost as much. I use the pregnancy tests and they are good, detected my last pregnancy only 2 days after I had a positive test using those expensive First Response Early Detection sticks.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris