Question about Tobi

debs2girls

Cheyenne has been sick for all of this year. She has pneumonia now, for the second time since getting out of the hospital in January after being treated for pneumonia. She was on one week of oral Augmentin, 1.5 weeks of oral Omnicef, 1.5 weeks of IV Rocefen and now on one week of IV Tobi and Fortaz. She is just now starting to show some improvement and I am afraid when we go in tomorrow he will want to take her off of the Tobi/Fortaz combo. He thinks she has psuedomanas. How long can/should she stay on it? Her cough is at a 3 out of 5. She doesnt sound like she is drowning while laying down.
I really trust all of you more than the doctors since you all have/are living through it and he has just studied about it....KWIM?
Thanks for your input.

debs2girls

Cheyenne has been sick for all of this year. She has pneumonia now, for the second time since getting out of the hospital in January after being treated for pneumonia. She was on one week of oral Augmentin, 1.5 weeks of oral Omnicef, 1.5 weeks of IV Rocefen and now on one week of IV Tobi and Fortaz. She is just now starting to show some improvement and I am afraid when we go in tomorrow he will want to take her off of the Tobi/Fortaz combo. He thinks she has psuedomanas. How long can/should she stay on it? Her cough is at a 3 out of 5. She doesnt sound like she is drowning while laying down.
I really trust all of you more than the doctors since you all have/are living through it and he has just studied about it....KWIM?
Thanks for your input.

debs2girls

Thanks for your input.

debs2girls

Thanks for your input.

debs2girls

<br />I really trust all of you more than the doctors since you all have/are living through it and he has just studied about it....KWIM?
<br />Thanks for your input.

Jeana

When I am on IV Tobi, I am on it for 3 weeks at a time. However, I am 32 years old and when I first started on it, it was only 2 weeks at a time. Keep in mind, you want to take care of the flareup, but not be on the antibiotic so long that she becomes resistent. Has she ever been on inhaled TOBI, which is one month on, one month off?

Jeana

When I am on IV Tobi, I am on it for 3 weeks at a time. However, I am 32 years old and when I first started on it, it was only 2 weeks at a time. Keep in mind, you want to take care of the flareup, but not be on the antibiotic so long that she becomes resistent. Has she ever been on inhaled TOBI, which is one month on, one month off?

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

JennifersHope

My normal drugs are Vanco or Zyvox with Ceftaz and Tobra.. I used to be on them for ten days at a time, then it was two weeks, and now what holds me best is three weeks at a time... I am 36 though..

What confuses me a little is you said the doctor thinks it is PA??? Hasn't he done a culture?

I just switched from doing Tobi 28 days on off to Tobi every day, but just once a day.... My doctor told me it was just as effective.. but I know the norm is 28 on and off and since I don't have any studies other then what my doctor told me. I don't recommend it for a child...

I hope you get some answers soon

Good Luck

JennifersHope

My normal drugs are Vanco or Zyvox with Ceftaz and Tobra.. I used to be on them for ten days at a time, then it was two weeks, and now what holds me best is three weeks at a time... I am 36 though..

What confuses me a little is you said the doctor thinks it is PA??? Hasn't he done a culture?

I just switched from doing Tobi 28 days on off to Tobi every day, but just once a day.... My doctor told me it was just as effective.. but I know the norm is 28 on and off and since I don't have any studies other then what my doctor told me. I don't recommend it for a child...

Good Luck

JennifersHope

Good Luck

JennifersHope

Good Luck

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />What confuses me a little is you said the doctor thinks it is PA??? Hasn't he done a culture?
<br />
<br />I just switched from doing Tobi 28 days on off to Tobi every day, but just once a day.... My doctor told me it was just as effective.. but I know the norm is 28 on and off and since I don't have any studies other then what my doctor told me. I don't recommend it for a child...
<br />
<br />I hope you get some answers soon
<br />
<br />Good Luck

debs2girls

Jeana, no she has never been on inhaled Tobi.

Jennifer, he does a culture everytime we go..but he said since she is not responding to the other antibiotics he has tried, it might be PA and just not able to get a good enough culture to find it. He said if she responded to this, we would know.

debs2girls

Jennifer, he does a culture everytime we go..but he said since she is not responding to the other antibiotics he has tried, it might be PA and just not able to get a good enough culture to find it. He said if she responded to this, we would know.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

<br />
<br />Jennifer, he does a culture everytime we go..but he said since she is not responding to the other antibiotics he has tried, it might be PA and just not able to get a good enough culture to find it. He said if she responded to this, we would know.