Question about Tobi

debs2girls

Cheyenne has been sick for all of this year. She has pneumonia now, for the second time since getting out of the hospital in January after being treated for pneumonia. She was on one week of oral Augmentin, 1.5 weeks of oral Omnicef, 1.5 weeks of IV Rocefen and now on one week of IV Tobi and Fortaz. She is just now starting to show some improvement and I am afraid when we go in tomorrow he will want to take her off of the Tobi/Fortaz combo. He thinks she has psuedomanas. How long can/should she stay on it? Her cough is at a 3 out of 5. She doesnt sound like she is drowning while laying down.
I really trust all of you more than the doctors since you all have/are living through it and he has just studied about it....KWIM?
Thanks for your input.

debs2girls

Cheyenne has been sick for all of this year. She has pneumonia now, for the second time since getting out of the hospital in January after being treated for pneumonia. She was on one week of oral Augmentin, 1.5 weeks of oral Omnicef, 1.5 weeks of IV Rocefen and now on one week of IV Tobi and Fortaz. She is just now starting to show some improvement and I am afraid when we go in tomorrow he will want to take her off of the Tobi/Fortaz combo. He thinks she has psuedomanas. How long can/should she stay on it? Her cough is at a 3 out of 5. She doesnt sound like she is drowning while laying down.
I really trust all of you more than the doctors since you all have/are living through it and he has just studied about it....KWIM?
Thanks for your input.

debs2girls

Thanks for your input.

debs2girls

Thanks for your input.

debs2girls

<br />I really trust all of you more than the doctors since you all have/are living through it and he has just studied about it....KWIM?
<br />Thanks for your input.

rcq925

My daughter does the Tobramycin/Fortaz combination of IV's at least 2-3 times per year. She normally does 2 full weeks of both drugs. She has never done them any longer. She has only cultured PA twice, once in July of 2006 and then in September of 2008. She also had a bronch in February of 2008 that did not show any bacteria! I firmly believe that she does have PA in her lungs that we are not getting on the throat cultures, nor did we get from the bronch. She always responds well to the Tobramyacin/FOrtaz IV combo, which are comonly used for PA, so our doctor treats her for PA and we do the inhaled TOBI every other month as well. I would ask for at least another week on the IV's to make sure she continues to improve! Good luck!

rcq925

My daughter does the Tobramycin/Fortaz combination of IV's at least 2-3 times per year. She normally does 2 full weeks of both drugs. She has never done them any longer. She has only cultured PA twice, once in July of 2006 and then in September of 2008. She also had a bronch in February of 2008 that did not show any bacteria! I firmly believe that she does have PA in her lungs that we are not getting on the throat cultures, nor did we get from the bronch. She always responds well to the Tobramyacin/FOrtaz IV combo, which are comonly used for PA, so our doctor treats her for PA and we do the inhaled TOBI every other month as well. I would ask for at least another week on the IV's to make sure she continues to improve! Good luck!

rcq925

rcq925

rcq925