questions enzymes, Iv's.

cfgirl38

I just started getting the digestive symptoms of CF. I am currently on ultrase 20. I had my first IV of Zosyn a couple months ago because of a terrible lung infection. It seems like since then I have had so many problems with my pancrease aching after I eat. Lots of problems with b/m's. Do you think it may be from my enzymes? How do you know when your enzymes need to be changed? Has anyone else had problems after being on Zosyn? I know I can get symptoms at any time at some severity or another but it just seems different that after being on Iv I have many digestive problems everyday and before that I had only the pancrease ache once or twice a year with none of the intestinal stuff. Eva

cfgirl38

I just started getting the digestive symptoms of CF. I am currently on ultrase 20. I had my first IV of Zosyn a couple months ago because of a terrible lung infection. It seems like since then I have had so many problems with my pancrease aching after I eat. Lots of problems with b/m's. Do you think it may be from my enzymes? How do you know when your enzymes need to be changed? Has anyone else had problems after being on Zosyn? I know I can get symptoms at any time at some severity or another but it just seems different that after being on Iv I have many digestive problems everyday and before that I had only the pancrease ache once or twice a year with none of the intestinal stuff. Eva

anonymous

Hi!
Yes, many of us have had issues with Zosyn... You should check out the adult topic "Beware of Zosyn"...
As far as the stomach aches, sounds more like something having to do with your enzymes. Have they tried adjusting them? Have you also been going to the bathroom more? You could discuss this with your doc and maybe he'll try a diff. enzyme for you. Good luck!

anonymous

Hi!
Yes, many of us have had issues with Zosyn... You should check out the adult topic "Beware of Zosyn"...
As far as the stomach aches, sounds more like something having to do with your enzymes. Have they tried adjusting them? Have you also been going to the bathroom more? You could discuss this with your doc and maybe he'll try a diff. enzyme for you. Good luck!