Rash after DC Antibuotics?

mamaScarlett

Has anyone ever gotten a rash on their body after they've stopped antibiotics?

I stopped my IV regimen of Imipenum, Vancomycin, and Tobramycin on Monday. Its the first time I've had this cocktail. I had no side effects of the skin for the 3 week duration, but Tuesday I woke up with a mild itchy rash on my legs. Now 2 days later its on my whole body, and itching. It's not bright red, but the skin overall is real inflamed, and warm feeling. And so itchy.

I find it odd that I'd get a rash after stopping abx, but i haven't started anything new since stopping the meds, or had any weird foods. Is it a detox thing?

momofcfprincess

Has anyone ever gotten a rash on their body after they've stopped antibiotics?

I stopped my IV regimen of Imipenum, Vancomycin, and Tobramycin on Monday. Its the first time I've had this cocktail. I had no side effects of the skin for the 3 week duration, but Tuesday I woke up with a mild itchy rash on my legs. Now 2 days later its on my whole body, and itching. It's not bright red, but the skin overall is real inflamed, and warm feeling. And so itchy.

I find it odd that I'd get a rash after stopping abx, but i haven't started anything new since stopping the meds, or had any weird foods. Is it a detox thing?

This happened to my daughter a few years back.....serum sickness.
There was nothing that could be done except oatmeal baths and let it run its course. I am sorry you are going through this, I remember how itchy my daughter was.

L

lifeisgood729

One time I woke up with a rash on my face and swollen eyelids a day or two after being discharged from the hospital. I can't remember which antibiotics I had been on, but the reaction definitely happened after I DCed the IV treatment. My doctor prescribed prednisone, and the rash cleared pretty quickly.

Martha
45 w/CF, mom to 3, no CF