Re-transplant

CountryGirl

Hey guys, so I'm heading to The Cleveland Clinic for another transplant evaluation. Hopefully this time I'll be "ready" to be listed.

Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you had had re-transplants and how they went? I never had a problem feeling worried or nervous the first time around, I was just READY, I wanted to do it and get it done, I was all for it, not scared at all. Super optimistic...now, I'm still very optimistic cause thats the kind of person I am but I'm more worried about how things will go. I feel more like how it seems a lot of people feel the first time around. So I was just wondering how your second transplants worked out? Thanks!

-Anna

CountryGirl

Hey guys, so I'm heading to The Cleveland Clinic for another transplant evaluation. Hopefully this time I'll be "ready" to be listed.

Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you had had re-transplants and how they went? I never had a problem feeling worried or nervous the first time around, I was just READY, I wanted to do it and get it done, I was all for it, not scared at all. Super optimistic...now, I'm still very optimistic cause thats the kind of person I am but I'm more worried about how things will go. I feel more like how it seems a lot of people feel the first time around. So I was just wondering how your second transplants worked out? Thanks!

-Anna

CountryGirl

-Anna

CountryGirl

-Anna

CountryGirl

<br />
<br />Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you had had re-transplants and how they went? I never had a problem feeling worried or nervous the first time around, I was just READY, I wanted to do it and get it done, I was all for it, not scared at all. Super optimistic...now, I'm still very optimistic cause thats the kind of person I am but I'm more worried about how things will go. I feel more like how it seems a lot of people feel the first time around. So I was just wondering how your second transplants worked out? Thanks!
<br />
<br />-Anna

NYCLawGirl

Hey Anna,

I'm still pre-tx, but I have a friend from CO who had two transplants for his CF. The first was a double-lung, the second a single. His blog has a really cool "retransplant timeline and photo album" He was re-transplanted in 2007 and is still going strong!

This is a link to the photo essay -- shows his whole experience including post-surgery, etc. None of the pics are very graphic.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.fifthlung.com/?page_id=126">http://www.fifthlung.com/?page_id=126</a>

NYCLawGirl

Hey Anna,

I'm still pre-tx, but I have a friend from CO who had two transplants for his CF. The first was a double-lung, the second a single. His blog has a really cool "retransplant timeline and photo album" He was re-transplanted in 2007 and is still going strong!

This is a link to the photo essay -- shows his whole experience including post-surgery, etc. None of the pics are very graphic.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.fifthlung.com/?page_id=126">http://www.fifthlung.com/?page_id=126</a>

NYCLawGirl

Hey Anna,

NYCLawGirl

Hey Anna,

NYCLawGirl

Hey Anna,
<br />
<br />I'm still pre-tx, but I have a friend from CO who had two transplants for his CF. The first was a double-lung, the second a single. His blog has a really cool "retransplant timeline and photo album" He was re-transplanted in 2007 and is still going strong!
<br />
<br />This is a link to the photo essay -- shows his whole experience including post-surgery, etc. None of the pics are very graphic.
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.fifthlung.com/?page_id=126">http://www.fifthlung.com/?page_id=126</a>

summer732

Anna,

I know a couple of people who have been re-transplanted. I know Risa usually visits this site and had a second transplant. Hopefully she will comment here for you.

I know another friend from Louisiana who had a second transplant too. Her first transplant went well until she got an infection 2 years in and went into rejection. She got another transplant and she is 7 1/2 years out of her 2nd one.

There are definitely people out there who 2nd transplants have gone better than their first.

summer732

Anna,

I know a couple of people who have been re-transplanted. I know Risa usually visits this site and had a second transplant. Hopefully she will comment here for you.

I know another friend from Louisiana who had a second transplant too. Her first transplant went well until she got an infection 2 years in and went into rejection. She got another transplant and she is 7 1/2 years out of her 2nd one.

There are definitely people out there who 2nd transplants have gone better than their first.

summer732

Anna,

summer732

Anna,

summer732

Anna,
<br />
<br />I know a couple of people who have been re-transplanted. I know Risa usually visits this site and had a second transplant. Hopefully she will comment here for you.
<br />
<br />I know another friend from Louisiana who had a second transplant too. Her first transplant went well until she got an infection 2 years in and went into rejection. She got another transplant and she is 7 1/2 years out of her 2nd one.
<br />
<br />There are definitely people out there who 2nd transplants have gone better than their first.

Transplantmommy

Hey Anna...I haven't had a re-transplant but if we are at Cleveland during the same time sometime, I would love to meet you. I have appointments there on April 19th.

I just hit 3 years post from my bilateral lung and liver transplant.

Transplantmommy

Hey Anna...I haven't had a re-transplant but if we are at Cleveland during the same time sometime, I would love to meet you. I have appointments there on April 19th.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I just hit 3 years post from my bilateral lung and liver transplant.