Re-Tx at Denver and UCLA

CountryGirl

Have any of you gotten your transplant at UCLA or Denver or heard anything about the two?

Im looking into their programs in case I need a second tx. Thanks.

Anna

CountryGirl

Have any of you gotten your transplant at UCLA or Denver or heard anything about the two?

Anna

CountryGirl

Anna

CountryGirl

Anna

CountryGirl

<br />
<br />Im looking into their programs in case I need a second tx. Thanks.
<br />
<br />Anna

coltsfan715

I ad my transplant at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida so can not offer personal experience advice.

I was just going to say there is an older gentleman that had his single lung transplant at the center in Denver. He is about 14-15 years post now. He was showing me a newsletter he had gotten from them when I was only about 6 months post transplant and it was amazing. There was a list of transplant anniversary dates and years and there were multiple patients listed that had double lung transplants that were 15+ years post.

Just going by that I would imagine they are a great center especially when it comes to patient care. Though I talked to him about Denver because another friend of mine was considering going there at the time. He had nothing but positive things to say. I relocated and that is why he was being seen at Mayo but no other reason really. He moved because of the weather it was just becoming too much for him.

So I guess the point of this is that what I have heard from him and my friend that went there for a period (he was not ready to be listed at the time) was that they were great and they had wonderful experiences for what it is worth.

Best of luck in choosing your center.
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I ad my transplant at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida so can not offer personal experience advice.

I was just going to say there is an older gentleman that had his single lung transplant at the center in Denver. He is about 14-15 years post now. He was showing me a newsletter he had gotten from them when I was only about 6 months post transplant and it was amazing. There was a list of transplant anniversary dates and years and there were multiple patients listed that had double lung transplants that were 15+ years post.

Just going by that I would imagine they are a great center especially when it comes to patient care. Though I talked to him about Denver because another friend of mine was considering going there at the time. He had nothing but positive things to say. I relocated and that is why he was being seen at Mayo but no other reason really. He moved because of the weather it was just becoming too much for him.

So I guess the point of this is that what I have heard from him and my friend that went there for a period (he was not ready to be listed at the time) was that they were great and they had wonderful experiences for what it is worth.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I was just going to say there is an older gentleman that had his single lung transplant at the center in Denver. He is about 14-15 years post now. He was showing me a newsletter he had gotten from them when I was only about 6 months post transplant and it was amazing. There was a list of transplant anniversary dates and years and there were multiple patients listed that had double lung transplants that were 15+ years post.
<br />
<br />Just going by that I would imagine they are a great center especially when it comes to patient care. Though I talked to him about Denver because another friend of mine was considering going there at the time. He had nothing but positive things to say. I relocated and that is why he was being seen at Mayo but no other reason really. He moved because of the weather it was just becoming too much for him.
<br />
<br />So I guess the point of this is that what I have heard from him and my friend that went there for a period (he was not ready to be listed at the time) was that they were great and they had wonderful experiences for what it is worth.
<br />
<br />Best of luck in choosing your center.
<br />Lindsey