Recipes for Kids with CF

MargaritaChic

I know there is a section for recipes, but I thought it would be a nice thing to have a thread in the Families section that has recipes specifically related to what our kids love to eat.

Please share any high calorie recipes that your kids like.

Here is a website someone sent me:
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/cf_recipes/about_cf_recipes.html">Recipes for kids with CF</a>

MargaritaChic

I know there is a section for recipes, but I thought it would be a nice thing to have a thread in the Families section that has recipes specifically related to what our kids love to eat.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/cf_recipes/about_cf_recipes.html">Recipes for kids with CF</a>

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />Please share any high calorie recipes that your kids like.
<br />
<br />Here is a website someone sent me:
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/cf_recipes/about_cf_recipes.html">Recipes for kids with CF</a>
<br />

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Marla,

Thanks for the recipe website. I tend to make the same things over and over again; so it's good for ideas for something new. Maggie recently lost some weight from a nasty stomache bug so now I'm on the weight gain band wagon again. I like things that are high in protein and not just high in fat; seems to digest better for Maggie. We are into turkey burgers; lately very easy salt, pepper, a little worstecher(sp?) sauce form into turkey burgers and super easy. maggie dips hers in A1 sauce. A fun idea is chocholate fondue(we did this for new years dessert). Melt semi-sweet chocholate bits and heavy cream in a fondue pot. Dip chunks of banana, strawberries, pretzel rods, marshmellows, biscotti , pound cake, whatever into the chocholate fondue...Yum and fun. Different shaped noodles with butter and salt and parmesan cheese is always easy and Maggie will eat it. Ovaltine with whole milk and a splash of heavy cream(Maggie drinks this almost every day. Lime flavored tortilla chips is a fav snack as well. Beef jerky(high in sodium and protein) good snack, too

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Marla,

Thanks for the recipe website. I tend to make the same things over and over again; so it's good for ideas for something new. Maggie recently lost some weight from a nasty stomache bug so now I'm on the weight gain band wagon again. I like things that are high in protein and not just high in fat; seems to digest better for Maggie. We are into turkey burgers; lately very easy salt, pepper, a little worstecher(sp?) sauce form into turkey burgers and super easy. maggie dips hers in A1 sauce. A fun idea is chocholate fondue(we did this for new years dessert). Melt semi-sweet chocholate bits and heavy cream in a fondue pot. Dip chunks of banana, strawberries, pretzel rods, marshmellows, biscotti , pound cake, whatever into the chocholate fondue...Yum and fun. Different shaped noodles with butter and salt and parmesan cheese is always easy and Maggie will eat it. Ovaltine with whole milk and a splash of heavy cream(Maggie drinks this almost every day. Lime flavored tortilla chips is a fav snack as well. Beef jerky(high in sodium and protein) good snack, too

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Marla,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Marla,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Marla,

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so jealous 'cuz Maggie eats and drinks the stuff I WISH Max would eat and instead I DO!

DS is on a pancake kick lately, so instead of adding water to the mix, I add whole milk and some oil for extra calories. This is the child who CAN'T see there's butter or oil on his food or he won't touch it -- this is also the child who USED to grab a stick of butter out of the fridge, take a bite and say mmmm, buddah! I also melt some butter on the plate I serve the pancakes on and they're absorbed into the pancake so he doesn't see it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so jealous 'cuz Maggie eats and drinks the stuff I WISH Max would eat and instead I DO!

DS is on a pancake kick lately, so instead of adding water to the mix, I add whole milk and some oil for extra calories. This is the child who CAN'T see there's butter or oil on his food or he won't touch it -- this is also the child who USED to grab a stick of butter out of the fridge, take a bite and say mmmm, buddah! I also melt some butter on the plate I serve the pancakes on and they're absorbed into the pancake so he doesn't see it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />DS is on a pancake kick lately, so instead of adding water to the mix, I add whole milk and some oil for extra calories. This is the child who CAN'T see there's butter or oil on his food or he won't touch it -- this is also the child who USED to grab a stick of butter out of the fridge, take a bite and say mmmm, buddah! I also melt some butter on the plate I serve the pancakes on and they're absorbed into the pancake so he doesn't see it.

grassisgreener

Here is one of my daughter's (5.5 wcf) favorites. I really like it too bc I can lessen the butter for the rest of us and bc it is SO EASY to make.

<b>Honey Baked Chicken </b>
1/3 c. melted butter
1/3 c. honey
2 Tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder
1.5-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast

Mix all ingredients and pour over chicken in a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour (or less, I check at 45 minutes).

We serve this over whole grain rice.

grassisgreener

Here is one of my daughter's (5.5 wcf) favorites. I really like it too bc I can lessen the butter for the rest of us and bc it is SO EASY to make.

1/3 c. melted butter
1/3 c. honey
2 Tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder

Mix all ingredients and pour over chicken in a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour (or less, I check at 45 minutes).

grassisgreener

1/3 c. melted butter
1/3 c. honey
2 Tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder

grassisgreener

1/3 c. melted butter
1/3 c. honey
2 Tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder

grassisgreener

<br />
<br /><b>Honey Baked Chicken </b>
<br />1/3 c. melted butter
<br />1/3 c. honey
<br />2 Tbsp. mustard
<br />1 tsp. salt
<br />1 tsp. curry powder
<br />1.5-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
<br />
<br />Mix all ingredients and pour over chicken in a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour (or less, I check at 45 minutes).
<br />
<br />We serve this over whole grain rice.