Recommendations for travel bag for nebs/meds/ compressor

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Looking for advice for my 11 year old daughter for a bag that will hold her compressor, bags of nebs, meds and pulmozyme(needs to be cold) When we travel I feel so disorganized and have lots of little bags but I would like to find a nice bag for her so she could manage this stuff herself, for sleepovers, school trips etc. The vest has rolling wheels so that's easy. It's all the meds and nebs. Thinking a large backpack with pockets so each med has it's own pocket? I could even label them for her? that way she could carry all meds/aerosolized meds in one bag and roll the VEST... Anything to make our lives more manageable?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I know Amy, noexcuses uses a spinner (samsonite brand) that hold vest and everything else. We use a backpack to hold a small cooler with ice pack for. Tobi and Pulmozyme. Then the smaller neb/compressor and a quart bag to hold albuterol/ atrovent, and another for oral meds which I keep in a smtwtfs pill holder, small bottle with vitamins and a huge bottle of enzymes. Also throw in a couple reusable neb cups and if flying throw a huge bag of disposables in my checked luggage. And there's usually enough room in the backpack for an iPad and some snacks

S

scm1226

A big bag. We haven't gone far yet but going to my parents 20 minutes away we seem to be packed to the gills. My daughter is almost two but the amount of stuff CF related is a lot. I will watch this thread to get some ideas. Good thing the vest comes with wheels.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When we go away for the weekend I pack a metal lunch box with meds. A small cooler with fridge drugs, lot of times I freeze juice boxes and use those to keep things cool. I put the nebulizer, lunch box, extra Nebs and cooler in a reusable grocer bag. If there's room I throw snacks in, too. If we stay at a hotel, I sometimes pack a small thermoelectric cooler to plug in when a mini fridge isn't available for the drugs, some milk, yogurt, juice....

valshingle

My daughter, 22, uses a Vera Bradley bag. It even has a way to slide over the handle of her rolling vest. Stylish and useful!

Liza

We use the small bag that comes with your typical luggage set. Most people probably use it as a bathroom bag, because it's big enough to hold a hair dryer, curling iron, toiletries etc. Anyway... it's big enough to hold a Pari Pro Neb machine, nebulizers, hand held percussor (my daughter uses a percussor) her daily meds (which are in a week - 2 week pill box in a ziploc baggy) It will also fit the insulated lunch bag sack that we put her refrigerated meds in with a cool pak. It has a small zipper pocket in front too for separating quick to get to items. If you have a travel neb. machine (ie. Pari Trek) it will hold both the Pari Trek in it's bag AND the Altera bag. FYI, my daughter also uses an insulin pump and she had enough room to toss in her extra pump supplies.

Chipper

I use this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Ty...as-Compact-Ammo-Medics-Bag-Pack-/200947995989 and then label the pockets with a sharpie A = Albuterol H = Hypersal S = Syringes C = Cannulas, etc. so I can find stuff without even looking. The bag looks retro cool. Yes, this is also an "AMO" bag but I've never been hassled by TSA.

As you likely know, medical supplies don't count against the two carry-on rule. So this would suggest you may want to travel with something that clearly looks medical. Downside is someone may want to steal it if they think it contains paramedic supplies.