Regenocyte

semnle34

Not sure if anyone has heard about this or not but I have been getting a lot of information about this company in Bonita Springs Florida that is doing adult stem cell treatments. They actually have a section about Cystic Fibrosis along with other aliments. If you want to look into it they have a website its www.regenocyte.com. I am going to call and look into it myself just to see what it's all about. Apparently they use stem cells from family members or maybe even yourself to regenerate healthy tissue for your lungs. They have a you tube video explaining what exactly the treatments do. Just an FYI to all my CF friends out there (PRAYING) Maybe this could be leading us in a positive direction. I don't know.

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Semnle34,

There is a member here who has done this, and is currently raising money to go for a second time. Here is a link to a thread where he discusses it:

http://forum.cysticfibrosis.com/thr...t-or-know-anyone-who-has?highlight=regenocyte

I do find it intriguing, however, I personally would not feel comfortable traveling to the Dominican Republic for the treatment. I have a feeling if I were quite a bit sicker/more desperate that feeling would change. So I def understand the people who are doing this. The other thing is that it is cost prohibitive for the vast majority of us. I read on Facebook that their most recent CF patient, a college-age gal, paid over $61,000. It's paid upfront, no insurance, no payment plans, nothing.

Do let us know what you find out! Like I said, I am curious. If it is really doing what people saying, then it's pretty amazing. :)

Take Care,

Autumn 33 w/CF

LKBamberg

Hello.

I've had 2 phone consultations with Dr Zannos Grekos. He has had a checkered past and has lost his medical license after performing non-FDA approved procedures in Florida. Currently does his work in the DR.

But he seems sincere. I've also talked to Angelo who's had the treatment twice. He said his pfts doubled from 15 to 30. The science behind his cell potentiation sounds legit, as are the reasons why it is not being done in the States (it is non-FDA approved to perform adult stem cell treatments unless under strict guidelines).

He's had 20 or so CF patients with 0 complications and 100% improvement rate, so he claims. I'm collecting data on these patients right now, and I'm also currently fundraising to pay for this procedure to be done if the data conforms with the stories.