Relationship issues

K00p5

Hello, first time posting here. Not sure if this is the right room. Anyways, my wife and I are recently married, we love each other dearly and she is a wonderful women. Recently I have been a bit unwell and am coughing a lot, especially at night. My wife usually does not sleep well. The other night I had a coughing fit in the middle of the night which woke my wife up. She proceeded to get angry at me for waking her up. Last night again, I woke her up with my coughing and this morning she proceeded to get angry again and blame me for her not sleeping well. She very unapologetically blamed me. Now I know my cough wakes her up, I’ve been self conscious about coughing at night my entire life. But the fact she has said it, I’m deeply hurt. I don’t know what to do or how to approach my wife about this as she can become very defensive when confronted. The way she said it as well, she seemed like she genuinely blamed me and thinks I am at fault. Also, due to the living situations I can’t sleep in another room, just not an option. I’m probably here to rant more then anything, but just wondering if anyone has been in this situation and what did they do?
TLDR; wife got angry at me for coughing at night and waking her up. What do I do?

kenna2

I have a Bed Wedge that I sleep on that helps when I cough. It's Brookstone brand (https://www.brookstone.com/pd/4-in-1-bed-wedge-pillow/633859p.html ) but I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond. It might help a little bit to help keep you propped up to sleep. I personally get up when I start coughing and go do an airway clearance treatment( in another room) and I can usually get the coughing to stop with that. Also try to remember that when people don't sleep well they tend to be more snappy.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is spendy.... $200+ but Bose makes sleep buds for people who live with loud snorers. Not sure if they would do the trick, if it's the noise that wakes her up or the motion. My husband's cousin's wife swears by them. They're like noise cancelling ear buds but you wear them to sleep. Synced to your phone so there can be white noise, music and because it's synced to the phone, provides an alarm app to wake her up in the morning for work

Donaldmax

i have personally experience about the night coughing my wife and my 3 year old baby very disturbed. but after that one of my friend give me some of herbal tips which are related to stop night coughing and i have try this and now i am find and me and my wife and baby sleep well with out any of disturbing please try this i will share with you first one is you can use honey Honey and a hot drink can help loosen mucus in your throat. Mix two teaspoons of honey into an caffeine-free tea, such as herbal tea, to drink before bed. You should never give honey to children younger than 1 year, however. and the 2nd one is use Use air filters and allergy-proof your bedroom