Relationship problems

seaside833

I am in my early 20's and have CF. I have always had a positive outlook on life but my current situation is the first that I don't seem to be able to cope with.

I have been with my girlfriend for over 4 years. It started as long distance but we now live together. We have always had a brilliant relationship and she is fantastic with everything CF related.

Up until I graduated from university everything was great but for about a year now I have been in a constant state of anxiety.

We discussed marriage and kids a couple of years ago and I had a fertility test which confirmed I would have to have IVF to help conceive. At the time it was upset but I seemed to get over it.

My biggest problem now seems to be confusion over my sexuality. Obviously having CF makes you aware of your body and I find myself comparing my image, fitness etc to other guys but I am now constantly thinking about the fact I might fancy guys. I do not have a desire to go out with a guy but at the same time I can't escape from these thoughts.

I love my girlfriend and have talked about my concerns with her. So far she has been very supportive but it is taking its toll on our relationship.

It is also very very difficult to be positive about life when you thoughts are constantly negative as it feels you may lose everything.

I am not expecting anyone to give me a solution but it would be good to anyone who can relate to what i'm going through.

Thanks

seaside833

I am in my early 20's and have CF. I have always had a positive outlook on life but my current situation is the first that I don't seem to be able to cope with.

I have been with my girlfriend for over 4 years. It started as long distance but we now live together. We have always had a brilliant relationship and she is fantastic with everything CF related.

Up until I graduated from university everything was great but for about a year now I have been in a constant state of anxiety.

We discussed marriage and kids a couple of years ago and I had a fertility test which confirmed I would have to have IVF to help conceive. At the time it was upset but I seemed to get over it.

My biggest problem now seems to be confusion over my sexuality. Obviously having CF makes you aware of your body and I find myself comparing my image, fitness etc to other guys but I am now constantly thinking about the fact I might fancy guys. I do not have a desire to go out with a guy but at the same time I can't escape from these thoughts.

I love my girlfriend and have talked about my concerns with her. So far she has been very supportive but it is taking its toll on our relationship.

It is also very very difficult to be positive about life when you thoughts are constantly negative as it feels you may lose everything.

I am not expecting anyone to give me a solution but it would be good to anyone who can relate to what i'm going through.

Thanks

seaside833

Thanks

seaside833

Thanks

seaside833

Thanks

bittyhorse23

Hmmm...tough one. Not a clue what to tell you just that maybe you should take a step back from your girlfriend and test the waters with guys and see how you feel. That might be the only way to figure out which way you want to go. Explain it to your girlfriend and let her know that if you find you would rather be with men then you both are winning because you won't be dragging the relationship out any more and if you realize you would rather be with women hopefully she will let you come back.

That is all I can think of sorry.

bittyhorse23

Hmmm...tough one. Not a clue what to tell you just that maybe you should take a step back from your girlfriend and test the waters with guys and see how you feel. That might be the only way to figure out which way you want to go. Explain it to your girlfriend and let her know that if you find you would rather be with men then you both are winning because you won't be dragging the relationship out any more and if you realize you would rather be with women hopefully she will let you come back.

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

Emily65Roses

I'm with Amy. You need to test it and see what happens. It's not fair to you or your girlfriend if you're unsure and you just let it hang over your head. You really need to try it and and see how you feel.

Emily65Roses

I'm with Amy. You need to test it and see what happens. It's not fair to you or your girlfriend if you're unsure and you just let it hang over your head. You really need to try it and and see how you feel.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

thelizardqueen

I agree with all of the above. Better to find out about yourself, and discover what you want. It wouldn't be fair to you or your girlfriend if you didn't.

thelizardqueen

I agree with all of the above. Better to find out about yourself, and discover what you want. It wouldn't be fair to you or your girlfriend if you didn't.

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen