Relationship problems

thefrogprincess

IT sounds to me like you are experiencing some anxiety and/or depression. Take my work for it, if you are no treated for this it will probably tear you and your relationship apart. My husband is depressed and refuses to do anything about it, and we are hanging on by a thread. Things have been much worse for us and we are working on it, but it is by no means "blissful". I strongly suggest that you see a professional that can get to the root of this and help you find a way to deal with it.

thefrogprincess

IT sounds to me like you are experiencing some anxiety and/or depression. Take my work for it, if you are no treated for this it will probably tear you and your relationship apart. My husband is depressed and refuses to do anything about it, and we are hanging on by a thread. Things have been much worse for us and we are working on it, but it is by no means "blissful". I strongly suggest that you see a professional that can get to the root of this and help you find a way to deal with it.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

D

Durwood

First time poster, I have CF and am 34 years old now. I can't relate exactly to what you are going through as I am a hetero, but I have gay friends so maybe that qualifies my somewhat. First off, your girlfriend is very understanding. I would imagine at only 20 something years old, many things are confusing, even your sexuality. I'm not coming from a religious angle here or anything, just giving you my two cents. Having your illness and dealing with this issue........ I can't even imagine how you do it. If you are in a hetero relationship and you care for her and your future........you have to be sure of what it is you want. I don't know how I do anything without my wife........seriously. With all we go through, we as in all us CF'ers, we need all the support and help we can get. Kids is so far off, at least it should be in your mind. My wife and I just got pregnant about 8 months ago. It's gonna be a real challenge once the baby comes on top of CF too. Realize as you get older, things are going to get tougher............have fun right now, and don't worry about kids......figure out your status first, and go from there. If you have tendencies, you have to figure out what is going to make you happy first. I think the insecurities are within us all..........good luck.

D

Durwood

First time poster, I have CF and am 34 years old now. I can't relate exactly to what you are going through as I am a hetero, but I have gay friends so maybe that qualifies my somewhat. First off, your girlfriend is very understanding. I would imagine at only 20 something years old, many things are confusing, even your sexuality. I'm not coming from a religious angle here or anything, just giving you my two cents. Having your illness and dealing with this issue........ I can't even imagine how you do it. If you are in a hetero relationship and you care for her and your future........you have to be sure of what it is you want. I don't know how I do anything without my wife........seriously. With all we go through, we as in all us CF'ers, we need all the support and help we can get. Kids is so far off, at least it should be in your mind. My wife and I just got pregnant about 8 months ago. It's gonna be a real challenge once the baby comes on top of CF too. Realize as you get older, things are going to get tougher............have fun right now, and don't worry about kids......figure out your status first, and go from there. If you have tendencies, you have to figure out what is going to make you happy first. I think the insecurities are within us all..........good luck.

D

Durwood

D

Durwood

D

Durwood

scabaskiblio

it could also be your anxiety about it that is making you think about it constantly. i know whenever i am anxious about anything i can't put the idea out of my brain, whether it is something i am interested in doing or not (i can't think of a personal example, but you know what i mean, right?)
i'm heterosexual, but i do the same thing you do; that is, i look at other girls' appearances and compare myself to them. everyone does this. it definitely doesn't mean you are sexually interested in the same gender.
i guess what i am saying is not to confuse anxiety with interest. you say you have no desire to be with guys. well, that's a big clue. if you are not physically attracted to them, then it is probably simply your anxiety that is turning a fleeting question into an obsessive thought.
however, if you can honestly assess yourself, and you figure out that there is a definite attraction, i say definitely explore it (as everyone else has suggested) and spare yourself and your girlfriend the misery of dragging out a relationship in which both partners are unfulfilled in some way.
another alternative may be that you are not homosexual, but you are subconsciously bored in your relationship (four years is a long-time, especially if you are young and have not dated a lot) and want to see what else is out there. if that is the case, i think you can be honest with your girlfriend about that, too. she's seems like a very caring and understanding person. maybe taking a break from the relationship to see what you really want would be the best thing for you right now.
either way, i hope it works out for you!

scabaskiblio

it could also be your anxiety about it that is making you think about it constantly. i know whenever i am anxious about anything i can't put the idea out of my brain, whether it is something i am interested in doing or not (i can't think of a personal example, but you know what i mean, right?)
i'm heterosexual, but i do the same thing you do; that is, i look at other girls' appearances and compare myself to them. everyone does this. it definitely doesn't mean you are sexually interested in the same gender.
i guess what i am saying is not to confuse anxiety with interest. you say you have no desire to be with guys. well, that's a big clue. if you are not physically attracted to them, then it is probably simply your anxiety that is turning a fleeting question into an obsessive thought.
however, if you can honestly assess yourself, and you figure out that there is a definite attraction, i say definitely explore it (as everyone else has suggested) and spare yourself and your girlfriend the misery of dragging out a relationship in which both partners are unfulfilled in some way.
another alternative may be that you are not homosexual, but you are subconsciously bored in your relationship (four years is a long-time, especially if you are young and have not dated a lot) and want to see what else is out there. if that is the case, i think you can be honest with your girlfriend about that, too. she's seems like a very caring and understanding person. maybe taking a break from the relationship to see what you really want would be the best thing for you right now.

scabaskiblio

scabaskiblio

scabaskiblio

sunkistdrinker

Well I have to give an alternative to all of the above. If everything were fine, you werent depressed, you were getting along with yur girlfriend, etc., I might understand what these others are saying. However, everyone has weird thoughts and emotions at some point in their life when things get rough and it seems life is not what we want or we feel unsatisfied. Does that mean we should act on all of those emotions? I dont think it does.

I have had suicidal thoughts from time to time in the last year, but I'm not going to test it out. I feel attracted to other women from time to time, but that doesnt mean I should "try them out". I dont know. Maybe what you are experiencing is like one person said is boredom or anxiety. Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for. Best of luck!

sunkistdrinker

Well I have to give an alternative to all of the above. If everything were fine, you werent depressed, you were getting along with yur girlfriend, etc., I might understand what these others are saying. However, everyone has weird thoughts and emotions at some point in their life when things get rough and it seems life is not what we want or we feel unsatisfied. Does that mean we should act on all of those emotions? I dont think it does.

I have had suicidal thoughts from time to time in the last year, but I'm not going to test it out. I feel attracted to other women from time to time, but that doesnt mean I should "try them out". I dont know. Maybe what you are experiencing is like one person said is boredom or anxiety. Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for. Best of luck!

sunkistdrinker

sunkistdrinker

sunkistdrinker