Road Trip

idajune

My husband and I are traveling from MN to Portland oregon via car in late April. I am used to doing my vest three times a day and with the amount of sitting I will be doing I think it is important to keep up on what works for me. I will likely use the acapella just as I sit and I have hypertonic saline which I didn't have years ago, I think that will help also.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a converter to use the Vest in the car. I contacted Hill-Rom but they recommended nothing and said they knew that people did use them but she wouldn't/couldn't give me any info. I guess they don't want me driving down the road doing my vest - what a site.

I have travelled with my older vest on road trips and stopped at rest areas, fire stations, police stations and others to do my vest. I am just trying to save time by doing it driving down the road.

Any ideas? Thanks.

idajune

My husband and I are traveling from MN to Portland oregon via car in late April. I am used to doing my vest three times a day and with the amount of sitting I will be doing I think it is important to keep up on what works for me. I will likely use the acapella just as I sit and I have hypertonic saline which I didn't have years ago, I think that will help also.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a converter to use the Vest in the car. I contacted Hill-Rom but they recommended nothing and said they knew that people did use them but she wouldn't/couldn't give me any info. I guess they don't want me driving down the road doing my vest - what a site.

I have travelled with my older vest on road trips and stopped at rest areas, fire stations, police stations and others to do my vest. I am just trying to save time by doing it driving down the road.

Any ideas? Thanks.

idajune

Any ideas? Thanks.

idajune

Any ideas? Thanks.

idajune

<br />
<br />I am wondering if anyone is aware of a converter to use the Vest in the car. I contacted Hill-Rom but they recommended nothing and said they knew that people did use them but she wouldn't/couldn't give me any info. I guess they don't want me driving down the road doing my vest - what a site.
<br />
<br />I have travelled with my older vest on road trips and stopped at rest areas, fire stations, police stations and others to do my vest. I am just trying to save time by doing it driving down the road.
<br />
<br />Any ideas? Thanks.

M

moxie1

Hi,

I've done my vest in the car several times. We bought something that goes into your cigarette lighter and has a normal plug on the other end. It was from Circuit City or someplace like that.

The only thing is that you can only do one thing at a time, because there is only one plug. I usually do my nebs during the vest, but in the car I have to do them first. It takes longer, but is not a big deal since you can't go anywhere anyway.

M

moxie1

Hi,

I've done my vest in the car several times. We bought something that goes into your cigarette lighter and has a normal plug on the other end. It was from Circuit City or someplace like that.

The only thing is that you can only do one thing at a time, because there is only one plug. I usually do my nebs during the vest, but in the car I have to do them first. It takes longer, but is not a big deal since you can't go anywhere anyway.

M

moxie1

Hi,

M

moxie1

Hi,

M

moxie1

Hi,
<br />
<br />I've done my vest in the car several times. We bought something that goes into your cigarette lighter and has a normal plug on the other end. It was from Circuit City or someplace like that.
<br />
<br />The only thing is that you can only do one thing at a time, because there is only one plug. I usually do my nebs during the vest, but in the car I have to do them first. It takes longer, but is not a big deal since you can't go anywhere anyway.

kbsonner

I haven't tried it in the car, never thought about it. You can buy a power coverter that plugs into the cig lighter and has regular plug ins on it. Just make sure you get a large enough converter or you will blow fuses left and right. You can get them at walmart, sears, radio shack etc. Hope that helps.

kbsonner

I haven't tried it in the car, never thought about it. You can buy a power coverter that plugs into the cig lighter and has regular plug ins on it. Just make sure you get a large enough converter or you will blow fuses left and right. You can get them at walmart, sears, radio shack etc. Hope that helps.

kbsonner

kbsonner

kbsonner