Road Trip

idajune

I posted this in the adult section also, but thought maybe some parents with CF children might have some info.

My husband and I are traveling from MN to Portland oregon via car in late April. I am used to doing my vest three times a day and with the amount of sitting I will be doing I think it is important to keep up on what works for me. I will likely use the acapella just as I sit and I have hypertonic saline which I didn't have years ago, I think that will help also.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a converter to use the Vest in the car. I contacted Hill-Rom but they recommended nothing and said they knew that people did use them but she wouldn't/couldn't give me any info. I guess they don't want me driving down the road doing my vest - what a site.

I have travelled with my older vest on road trips and stopped at rest areas, fire stations, police stations and others to do my vest. I am just trying to save time by doing it driving down the road.

Any ideas? Thanks.

idajune

I posted this in the adult section also, but thought maybe some parents with CF children might have some info.

My husband and I are traveling from MN to Portland oregon via car in late April. I am used to doing my vest three times a day and with the amount of sitting I will be doing I think it is important to keep up on what works for me. I will likely use the acapella just as I sit and I have hypertonic saline which I didn't have years ago, I think that will help also.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a converter to use the Vest in the car. I contacted Hill-Rom but they recommended nothing and said they knew that people did use them but she wouldn't/couldn't give me any info. I guess they don't want me driving down the road doing my vest - what a site.

I have travelled with my older vest on road trips and stopped at rest areas, fire stations, police stations and others to do my vest. I am just trying to save time by doing it driving down the road.

Any ideas? Thanks.

idajune

Any ideas? Thanks.

idajune

Any ideas? Thanks.

idajune

<br />
<br />My husband and I are traveling from MN to Portland oregon via car in late April. I am used to doing my vest three times a day and with the amount of sitting I will be doing I think it is important to keep up on what works for me. I will likely use the acapella just as I sit and I have hypertonic saline which I didn't have years ago, I think that will help also.
<br />
<br />I am wondering if anyone is aware of a converter to use the Vest in the car. I contacted Hill-Rom but they recommended nothing and said they knew that people did use them but she wouldn't/couldn't give me any info. I guess they don't want me driving down the road doing my vest - what a site.
<br />
<br />I have travelled with my older vest on road trips and stopped at rest areas, fire stations, police stations and others to do my vest. I am just trying to save time by doing it driving down the road.
<br />
<br />Any ideas? Thanks.

jimiv

If you know the wattage of your vest, then it is possible to get an inverter large enough to handle the load. I know that son's vest is rated at 400 watts. That is a pretty large load but manageable. If there is a problem with the inverter being plugged in to the cigarrette lighter on your car, there are some inverters that come with adapter cables that you can hook up to a car battery. So perhaps having an extra battery in the car would make sense. Just some thoughts.

jimiv

If you know the wattage of your vest, then it is possible to get an inverter large enough to handle the load. I know that son's vest is rated at 400 watts. That is a pretty large load but manageable. If there is a problem with the inverter being plugged in to the cigarrette lighter on your car, there are some inverters that come with adapter cables that you can hook up to a car battery. So perhaps having an extra battery in the car would make sense. Just some thoughts.

jimiv

jimiv

jimiv