rollerblading

anonymous

does anyone here rollerblade for exercise...I used to do it a lot but then stopped and grew out of my rollerblades. I'm not sure whether it will be worth it to invest in a new pair or whether I'd be better off doing something a little easier. Also...anyone here do pilates? I know it's not cardio (and it's more of a girl thing), but I find it really helps build muscle and strength without getting me out of breath so quickly.erin (ej820)19/f/cf

johngwisc

If you have a good place to skate, Rollerblading can be a really great way to exercise, (providing you dont break a wrist, of course). It can be low impact or high impact and as opposed to jogging can be easy on the joints. Also, it can be a great deal cheaper than getting into cycling. Generally, I endorse anything outdoors that can get me to suck fresh air. Have fun.

ej0820

pilates...yeah, it's kind of like yoga, but you use weights. It's more geared for toning muscles than it is for relaxation like yoga. It's also a little easier for women to do than men because of the flexibility.