runny nose

PACmommy

I posted this somewhere else, but would like to start a conversation since this is something that has been bugging me for a while.

My 3 yr old has had a runny nose since birth and constantly had trouble nursing, bottle drinking and even now as she drinks out of her sippy cup, she can barely breathe. She's a horrible sleeper and is constantly waking up. Does this sound familiar at all?
We've been seeing an ENT and he says that breathing is just like trying to drink a milkshake out of a straw for her. My older son, no CF, had adenoid surgery at 3 because of breathing problems and she seems similar in presentation but more severe.
I don't know what to do about because she's so young, but also seems uncomfortable.

PACmommy

I posted this somewhere else, but would like to start a conversation since this is something that has been bugging me for a while.

My 3 yr old has had a runny nose since birth and constantly had trouble nursing, bottle drinking and even now as she drinks out of her sippy cup, she can barely breathe. She's a horrible sleeper and is constantly waking up. Does this sound familiar at all?
We've been seeing an ENT and he says that breathing is just like trying to drink a milkshake out of a straw for her. My older son, no CF, had adenoid surgery at 3 because of breathing problems and she seems similar in presentation but more severe.
I don't know what to do about because she's so young, but also seems uncomfortable.

PACmommy

dyza

yeh, sounds very much like allergies to me. Get yourself an air ppurifier, anti-allergen pillows and bedding, after that i would think you would see a difference. good luck
craig

dyza

yeh, sounds very much like allergies to me. Get yourself an air ppurifier, anti-allergen pillows and bedding, after that i would think you would see a difference. good luck
craig

dyza

craig

AnD

My friend has a daughter with bad adnoids that cause her problems that they were considering having removed. Just recently they determined that it was allergies, because her nasal spray for allergies makes the symptoms go away, while another kind doesn't help. I'll probably talk to her tomorrow, and will find out which ones they were- perhaps they would help your daughter, or at least help you figure out what your options are.

AnD

My friend has a daughter with bad adnoids that cause her problems that they were considering having removed. Just recently they determined that it was allergies, because her nasal spray for allergies makes the symptoms go away, while another kind doesn't help. I'll probably talk to her tomorrow, and will find out which ones they were- perhaps they would help your daughter, or at least help you figure out what your options are.

AnD