Schools with bad air quality

Julissa

There is a school in my community. A teacher recently retired claiming that the air quality made them sick. They say there is something in the air there. It is a sixth seventh grade school. My children (one with CF) will be there in about two years. It is the only sixth-seventh in our community. The rumor is is that several assistants and students have become sick but no one wants to talk about the problem. I am a counselor in the school system and I do not want to lose my job by making administrators angry.I have an air quality expert who I used when we were thinking of moving to a new home. I would love to have him visit the school, but would probably not be allowed to do so. The teacher who retired said I would have a very difficult time getting anyone to admit there was a problem. So yes, it is all rumors, the school could be fine. But I can't send my child there if it could be the end of his health at 11 years old. What can I do? Lisa, please help. I have two years to fix it,but I think it could take two years. I enjoyed the last post about air quality.Thanks,Julissa

Julissa

There is a school in my community. A teacher recently retired claiming that the air quality made them sick. They say there is something in the air there. It is a sixth seventh grade school. My children (one with CF) will be there in about two years. It is the only sixth-seventh in our community. The rumor is is that several assistants and students have become sick but no one wants to talk about the problem. I am a counselor in the school system and I do not want to lose my job by making administrators angry.I have an air quality expert who I used when we were thinking of moving to a new home. I would love to have him visit the school, but would probably not be allowed to do so. The teacher who retired said I would have a very difficult time getting anyone to admit there was a problem. So yes, it is all rumors, the school could be fine. But I can't send my child there if it could be the end of his health at 11 years old. What can I do? Lisa, please help. I have two years to fix it,but I think it could take two years. I enjoyed the last post about air quality.Thanks,Julissa

Printer

I just watched the Republican debate. All of the canidates want to deregulate everything, including clean air. Contact a Democrat, running for Congress in your district and tell him/her your story. Let them make this school a campain issue without naming you.

Bill

Printer

I just watched the Republican debate. All of the canidates want to deregulate everything, including clean air. Contact a Democrat, running for Congress in your district and tell him/her your story. Let them make this school a campain issue without naming you.

Bill

S

scm1226

I work in a school as well. I think your best bet would have someone that is currently working in the school to request a air quality test. This should be within their rights as employees. If they are getting frequently sick, etc... To be honest if an adminstrator is working there they should want the air quality to be good too, they work there. Good luck with that! I have also heard of a high school near me that had installed air filters according to a students 504 plan related to his cf.

S

scm1226

I work in a school as well. I think your best bet would have someone that is currently working in the school to request a air quality test. This should be within their rights as employees. If they are getting frequently sick, etc... To be honest if an adminstrator is working there they should want the air quality to be good too, they work there. Good luck with that! I have also heard of a high school near me that had installed air filters according to a students 504 plan related to his cf.

T

TonyaH

There is a school in our district that went through something very similar about two years ago. I will send you a pm with the school name and district name. I'll bet if you contacted staff at that school you could get some advice about how to have your voices heard.

This school ended up having a year's worth of renovations and multiple air quality tests before students could return. As you can imagine, there was quite a bit of division amongst the school staff and families..those who thought the illnesses were being dramatized and those who were really sick and were affected by the environment within the building.

Good luck! Look for my private message!

T

TonyaH

There is a school in our district that went through something very similar about two years ago. I will send you a pm with the school name and district name. I'll bet if you contacted staff at that school you could get some advice about how to have your voices heard.

This school ended up having a year's worth of renovations and multiple air quality tests before students could return. As you can imagine, there was quite a bit of division amongst the school staff and families..those who thought the illnesses were being dramatized and those who were really sick and were affected by the environment within the building.

Good luck! Look for my private message!

JENNYC

I was told by one of my daughters teachers that if you had a doctor write you a note stating that your child needed to be in a room with an air purifier that the school would then have to put it on your 504 plan and if they didn't comply by getting an air purifier in your childs room that they would be in big trouble. If you can't get anything else accomplished this would be a quick solution, of course that would not help with when the child left that classroom.

JENNYC

I was told by one of my daughters teachers that if you had a doctor write you a note stating that your child needed to be in a room with an air purifier that the school would then have to put it on your 504 plan and if they didn't comply by getting an air purifier in your childs room that they would be in big trouble. If you can't get anything else accomplished this would be a quick solution, of course that would not help with when the child left that classroom.

cmassaro

My company offers a device that will kill 99% of all pathogens/ viruses/ airborne mold spores, E. Coli, and TB etc.. in the school. We also have a program in which we provide and install the devices for absolutely no money out of pocket to the school district and in fact our device also saves them on average approx 35 to 40 cents per heated square foot in utilities. So if the school is 100,000 square ft it can save them $40,000 per year.

Cleaner healthier air + Saves them $1000's of dollars per year in utilities + does not cost them a single dime out of pocket for equipment, installation, or maintenance for 10 years...

Sounds like a no brainer right? You would be surprised how hard it is to get someone from a school district to listen. If you would like the info on it just email me at chuck@trizingroup.com and I will be more than happy to send it over to you and of course we would be more than happy to initiate a call with any school administartors or even business owners. It's also perfect for large facilities like malls, retirement homes, hospitals, etc... Anywhere there are a lot of people per square foot.

Thanks and good luck,

Chuck

Trizin Group LLC
chuck@trizingroup.com

cmassaro

My company offers a device that will kill 99% of all pathogens/ viruses/ airborne mold spores, E. Coli, and TB etc.. in the school. We also have a program in which we provide and install the devices for absolutely no money out of pocket to the school district and in fact our device also saves them on average approx 35 to 40 cents per heated square foot in utilities. So if the school is 100,000 square ft it can save them $40,000 per year.

Cleaner healthier air + Saves them $1000's of dollars per year in utilities + does not cost them a single dime out of pocket for equipment, installation, or maintenance for 10 years...

Sounds like a no brainer right? You would be surprised how hard it is to get someone from a school district to listen. If you would like the info on it just email me at chuck@trizingroup.com and I will be more than happy to send it over to you and of course we would be more than happy to initiate a call with any school administartors or even business owners. It's also perfect for large facilities like malls, retirement homes, hospitals, etc... Anywhere there are a lot of people per square foot.

Thanks and good luck,

Chuck

Trizin Group LLC
chuck@trizingroup.com