Scott & White Temple, TX - opinions please!

JENNYC

Can anyone tell me their personal experiences and opinions about this CF center? We are thinking of a possible switch. But really want to know what others think of this clinic. Any info is greatly greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much!!

M

mom2mason

This is the only clinic we have gone to, so I don't have anything to compare to but we are happy here. At first we had some reservations, but looking back I think it was us mainly being scared, shocked, and overwhelmed new parents to a newborn just diagnosed w/ CF. I love that I can call/email any of the CF team nurses/docs/RT, etc with questions, concerns, RX refills...and they get back to me within the same day. They are very pro-active and aggressive with his treatments, and always listen to our opinions and take them into consideration. When our son was hospitalized, I had to be "mama bear" many times w/ some of the nurses and doctors who weren't familiar w/ our son and his CF team was there to stand behind us. His pulmonologist even gave me his cell number to call him if anything came up when he wasn't at the hospital. They truly care for their patients and want the best treatments for them.

JENNYC

Oh thank you so much for sharing this with me!! I am so torn on what to do! Temple is an hour away and TX Children's is about 3 hours! We have been with TCH since Abby was diagnosed at 2 and she's now 7!! I just don't want to make a mistake :) Thank you so much!! I am going to go to their education day on Saturday to dig some more :) Is the hospital rooms and building pretty clean? At TCH we have a large room that is pretty clean and a "CF floor". Do they have any restaurants in walking distance? Sorry to hammer you with questions :) And I really appreciate you talking with me :) Sounds like a really great place!! You are certainly swaying me in the Temple direction LOL