Seattle Washington

M

MamaDee

I live in Seattle. My 3 year old son has CF and is seen at Seattle Children's Hospital. We have been very happy with his care there. Adults are seen at University of Washington's CF clinic and that hospital has an excellent reputation. Good luck and I hope you are happy here!

jbrandyn

It is the best place. I love it here.
The hospitals are great too. We have a good healthcare infrastructure, UWMC and Seattle Children's are two of the best hospitals in the country where alot of research is being done. Plus the local hospitals in Tacoma, Everett, & Bellingham are also pretty good.

lilismom

we live here too. I have a 9 year old daughter with cf. I've heard mixed things about the adult center at UW. The constant grey in the winter bothers me but I do like the mild winters and summers that aren't too hot.

MOM247

Hi there,

We live closer to Tacoma, WA. We visited Children's in Seattle when are son was born, but decided to stay in Tacoma Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. 15 min drive vs the 1hr 45 min test drive during rush hour. Our son has received excellent care I believe at Mary Bridge. Great CF Team!!

As far as the Seattle climate, I believe my son benefits from our much milder weather. In the past while vacationing in hotter areas we have noticed his breathing seems more labored. We love it here! Good luck on your decision.

sarah
mommy to Johnny 5/cf & Bailey 3 no cf