Seeking vest model 105

DanielN

This is perhaps a long shot but I figured I would try. I'm a 32 year old CFer and my current vest(older model..received many years ago) is not quite working anymore and I am much need of a newer one. My insurance has already denied me which puts me in a very bad position. I've tried fighting with them for months but the best they can offer me is one for $16,000. I am on disability and have no excess cash, so I was hoping to find someone who perhaps had a 105 model that was not being used that they could donate to me at no or very little cost. If so..please email me at Ikarimalice@gmail.com Thank you very much.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Did you get your original vest from the vest (Hill-Rom) company? Have you contacted them about exchanging the vest for a newer model? Couple years ago a friend of mine was able to exchange his 80 pound vest machine with a 104 or 105. Also, the any of the vest companies will work with you and your insurance companies to insure you get a vest. I know we were denied initially and they appealed, came back with needing documentation in terms of lung function, if ds had cultured pseudo, exacerbations....

S

stephen

DanielD,

Like Ratatosk said, if you got your old vest from Hill-Rom you should definitely contact them.

Many of us have gotten replacement vests. Over the years I've had more than one replaced. I'm under the impression that their vests have a lifetime warrantee.

DanielN

The original company I received my vest from no longer exists, so sadly it wasn't hill-rom. I was in touch with them, though, and the issue isn't hill-rom so much as my current insurance provider. I have fought with them as has hill-rom and my doctors, but they are holding stubbornly in that it's not a necessary upgrade because mine is still technically functioning. I've spent the better part of three months calling and arguing and emailing and trying what I can, but at this point I seem out of options.