September 11

Liza

I was at home in secured housing at Wright Patterson AFB, OH watching the TODAY SHOW. It is such a huge base, not all housing was in the secured perimeters of the base. The base went into lock down. By 11 or so we got a scroll acros the TV saying the local schools (at least where base housing kids went) were being closed. The buses couldn't deliver our kids and we couldn't leave the secured part of the base if you were on it. I had to call a friend in off-base housing to pick up Rachel. AND they let her take Rachel with no ID even though she offered! Yes, Rachel was in the 6th grade but still. Anna' went to a private HS downtown and called to see if she needed to come home but I had no way to get her. I told her, I thought she was safer downtown than on base if there were to be more attacks. Finally the base reopened to outgoing traffic but I couldn't take my car off base. We had only returned stateside 3 mo. earlier and had just gotten my car from Germany, it still had european plates. I walked over to the hospital and got my husbands truck and left to pick up Anna', who was ready to go back to Germany where she felt safer, and then picked up Rachel from our friends house. By evening one gate was open for incoming traffic. Both girls were ready to go back to Germany where they felt safer. We got in contact with friends we knew were stationed at the Pentagon and were releaved to hear they were safe. We spent the evening glued to the television like so much of the country, in shock and disbelief of what had happened, wondering what was to come of all this, knowing that I was so very greatful for who we had in the white house. Still very greatful.

Liza

I was at home in secured housing at Wright Patterson AFB, OH watching the TODAY SHOW. It is such a huge base, not all housing was in the secured perimeters of the base. The base went into lock down. By 11 or so we got a scroll acros the TV saying the local schools (at least where base housing kids went) were being closed. The buses couldn't deliver our kids and we couldn't leave the secured part of the base if you were on it. I had to call a friend in off-base housing to pick up Rachel. AND they let her take Rachel with no ID even though she offered! Yes, Rachel was in the 6th grade but still. Anna' went to a private HS downtown and called to see if she needed to come home but I had no way to get her. I told her, I thought she was safer downtown than on base if there were to be more attacks. Finally the base reopened to outgoing traffic but I couldn't take my car off base. We had only returned stateside 3 mo. earlier and had just gotten my car from Germany, it still had european plates. I walked over to the hospital and got my husbands truck and left to pick up Anna', who was ready to go back to Germany where she felt safer, and then picked up Rachel from our friends house. By evening one gate was open for incoming traffic. Both girls were ready to go back to Germany where they felt safer. We got in contact with friends we knew were stationed at the Pentagon and were releaved to hear they were safe. We spent the evening glued to the television like so much of the country, in shock and disbelief of what had happened, wondering what was to come of all this, knowing that I was so very greatful for who we had in the white house. Still very greatful.

musclemania70

I was actually at the clinic that morning and was watching it on TV with the girl who does the PFT's!

I was so scared I slept in my parents bed that night. (I was in my 20's and living at home)

We could hear the helicopters flying overhead (living in NY) which was scary because that meant that was our military or that we were being attacked by the enemy.

And to think that people are actually defending the Muslims who want to throw it in our face with this 'building'.

musclemania70

I was actually at the clinic that morning and was watching it on TV with the girl who does the PFT's!

I was so scared I slept in my parents bed that night. (I was in my 20's and living at home)

We could hear the helicopters flying overhead (living in NY) which was scary because that meant that was our military or that we were being attacked by the enemy.

And to think that people are actually defending the Muslims who want to throw it in our face with this 'building'.

musclemania70

<br />
<br />I was so scared I slept in my parents bed that night. (I was in my 20's and living at home)
<br />
<br />We could hear the helicopters flying overhead (living in NY) which was scary because that meant that was our military or that we were being attacked by the enemy.
<br />
<br />And to think that people are actually defending the Muslims who want to throw it in our face with this 'building'.

mamaScarlett

We watched it unfold on TV and then headed to our clinic appointment that day, ironically. When we got there, the office was basically on standstill and the appointments were brief. I don't think patients or doctor were interested in talking about themselves.
My fiance and his entire family (which includes NYPDs) worked in NYC and I couldn't get a hold of him for hours, which was horrible. I think we all called each other to make sure everyone was ok, as did most families that day in the tri state area.
To this day when I'm in nyc if there's a plane flying overhead I get heart palpitations.

mamaScarlett

We watched it unfold on TV and then headed to our clinic appointment that day, ironically. When we got there, the office was basically on standstill and the appointments were brief. I don't think patients or doctor were interested in talking about themselves.
My fiance and his entire family (which includes NYPDs) worked in NYC and I couldn't get a hold of him for hours, which was horrible. I think we all called each other to make sure everyone was ok, as did most families that day in the tri state area.
To this day when I'm in nyc if there's a plane flying overhead I get heart palpitations.

mamaScarlett

<br /> My fiance and his entire family (which includes NYPDs) worked in NYC and I couldn't get a hold of him for hours, which was horrible. I think we all called each other to make sure everyone was ok, as did most families that day in the tri state area.
<br />To this day when I'm in nyc if there's a plane flying overhead I get heart palpitations.

zaj1139

I was at work and was one of the only people with a radio at my desk. The Shock Jock's were almost ready to go off the air and announced the first building being hit. I thought they were joking for a good 10 minutes or so then the next plane hit - I remember thinking something is happening like every 22 minutes. People were huddled around my desk listening for any other news. The Shock Jock's who were suppose to end their show at 10 stayed on the radio and went serious on their fans. Around 12:30 they told all of us to go home. I live near ATL where the CDC is. Driving home I remember being nervous of them attacking here in GA. The schools were in lock down and you could not pick your children up. I went to my favorite watering hole to wait and the lunch crowd was there. What was usually a very noisey place - you could hear a pin drop. Everyone was eating glued to the TV. If anyone did talk it was in whispers. That night I cried most of the night and could not get my self to leave the house for 4 days. I remember and will never forget that is why I believe we need to hunt these radicals down!

zaj1139

I was at work and was one of the only people with a radio at my desk. The Shock Jock's were almost ready to go off the air and announced the first building being hit. I thought they were joking for a good 10 minutes or so then the next plane hit - I remember thinking something is happening like every 22 minutes. People were huddled around my desk listening for any other news. The Shock Jock's who were suppose to end their show at 10 stayed on the radio and went serious on their fans. Around 12:30 they told all of us to go home. I live near ATL where the CDC is. Driving home I remember being nervous of them attacking here in GA. The schools were in lock down and you could not pick your children up. I went to my favorite watering hole to wait and the lunch crowd was there. What was usually a very noisey place - you could hear a pin drop. Everyone was eating glued to the TV. If anyone did talk it was in whispers. That night I cried most of the night and could not get my self to leave the house for 4 days. I remember and will never forget that is why I believe we need to hunt these radicals down!

zaj1139

BabyBeauty

I was getting ready to leave for a Poli-Sci test in college. I saw the news and woke up my roommates. I actually watched the second plane hit live on TV. It gives me goosebumps thinking about it. We all were glued to the TV the rest of the day. Needless to say I called my prof and told him I wasn't going to make the test.

BabyBeauty

I was getting ready to leave for a Poli-Sci test in college. I saw the news and woke up my roommates. I actually watched the second plane hit live on TV. It gives me goosebumps thinking about it. We all were glued to the TV the rest of the day. Needless to say I called my prof and told him I wasn't going to make the test.

BabyBeauty