Share your tips to improve day-to-day life!

Lance2020x

Hey everybody!

I'd like to start a running list of handy tips for a better life and health management!

I was thinking of a few things I've discovered on my own that have helped me with my CF, time management with treatments, happiness, nutrition etc. and I'd love to compile the list and send it to the CF Roundtable to help CFers all over!

These can be anything from little tips to keep your spirits up, to practical things that help with treatments, to common sense/learning experiences with work, life, relationships etc!

imported_Momto2

The most important thing I've learned over 40 years is: Dont be afraid to ask for help. This includes letting people know when things arent going so well and let people help you out if it will improve the quality of your life. Of course, reciprocate when you can! Psych counciling can also be great, this isnt a journey you need to take alone. Others can and will understand. If you dont find someone who does at first, keep trying. Finally, dont try an hide your disease. Thats like saying that a part of you isnt OK, and that in itself will only damage you long-term. The hardest one for me? Try to love yourself unconditionally.

Melissa75

Administrator
This is a great thread idea, so I want to bump it.

I don't have advice on med organization and such--my "specialty" is food, keeping my weight up and my family healthy. I think there have been many food focused threads in the past, so here are just a few time saving tips.

--buy vacuum-sealed frozen fish that can be thawed during the day and fried in olive oil/butter in the evening (anti-inflammatory)
--learn how to prepare (and like) lentils or beans stir fried with garlic and an herb (e.g. oregano) and olive oil, served over rice (this costs pennies and is an excellent source of protein, cover it with cheese to get some fat)
--wash and cut fruit and veggies and keep them in containers in the fridge for easy healthy snacking (pineapple, cantaloup, celery, cauliflower...etc)
--use dips and cheese to up the salt and calories (whole milk yogurt, hummus, blue cheese dressing, shredded cheddar, pecorino romano)

- we use a simple clander to mark all the treatments and meds during the month and cross each day when done - just hanging on the fridge, then no matter who's taking care of Asia and if we have or not an electricy shut down (happens alot) - we know what and when to take - takes about 5 minutes to get thicalander done and printed

K

kgfrompa

I color code my Nebulizer cups with markers so there is no mix up, Love the tips!

A

alegris

I'm a single mom who works full time so needless to say time management is a very valuable skill.
I do my PEP mask while driving to and from work (20 minutes each way) and I go for a walk/run on my lunch break.