Sharing Recipes

EnergyGal

Allie

These sound sooooo delicious and I am going to get busy and cook some of these recipies myself. Please keep on posting whenever you have time. I need to gain some more weight. My parents tonight said, "why do you want to gain more weight"? I guess it is hard for them to understand that if we get sick we need the weight to fight.
Thank you
Risa

EnergyGal

Allie

These sound sooooo delicious and I am going to get busy and cook some of these recipies myself. Please keep on posting whenever you have time. I need to gain some more weight. My parents tonight said, "why do you want to gain more weight"? I guess it is hard for them to understand that if we get sick we need the weight to fight.
Thank you
Risa

EnergyGal

I went to balance.com and found a great number of recipes

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://balance.com/recipes/default.asp">null</a>

check it out

EnergyGal

I went to balance.com and found a great number of recipes

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://balance.com/recipes/default.asp">null</a>

check it out

anonymous

Hello! My name is David. I live in Denver and just ran across this site while researching cf and lactobacillius gg. I am 25 yrs old diagnosed @ 2. Have any of you ladies tried wheatgrass shots? It has the nutritional value of +2 lbs of veggies and other goodies for the body. That along with the lactobacillius seems to really give me some energy. The flora aid in digestion (which we suck at) and I think if we can supply our bodies with all the nutrition we're deprived of that's at least a start...what do you think?

anonymous

Hello! My name is David. I live in Denver and just ran across this site while researching cf and lactobacillius gg. I am 25 yrs old diagnosed @ 2. Have any of you ladies tried wheatgrass shots? It has the nutritional value of +2 lbs of veggies and other goodies for the body. That along with the lactobacillius seems to really give me some energy. The flora aid in digestion (which we suck at) and I think if we can supply our bodies with all the nutrition we're deprived of that's at least a start...what do you think?

EnergyGal

Hello David

Welcome to this site. We are an interesting bunch. I hope you stick around to find out.

I take yogurt and kefir either one or the other. I only buy the organic brands. I have tried shots of wheat grass. Very tasty. Do you make this at home or do you buy this at a health food store? I remember getting a buzz from it the first time. Same with kefir
Tell us more, you seem to be into your health

EnergyGal

Hello David

Welcome to this site. We are an interesting bunch. I hope you stick around to find out.

I take yogurt and kefir either one or the other. I only buy the organic brands. I have tried shots of wheat grass. Very tasty. Do you make this at home or do you buy this at a health food store? I remember getting a buzz from it the first time. Same with kefir
Tell us more, you seem to be into your health

anonymous

Hi Risa!

I'm definantly into the organics scene. If I'm not slacking too hard I usually grow the wheatgrass from winter (hard) wheatberries. Using trays, organic soil, H2O, and 7 days is all it takes. For the flora end, I drink this stuff called kombucha. I get it at Wild Oats, Whole Foods etc.. It gave me a buzz the first time I drank it as well. Kombucha is a fermented black tea (with good bacterium; lactobacillus) and is just as easy as wheatgrass to make.

Currently I am a bicycle mechanic and work about 32 hrs a week. I find if I do both daily (wheatgrass/kombucha) I have a little more energy at the end of the day and it feels easier to stay positive (which is huge to staying healthy). The power of the mind is pretty amazing.

How's about u?

anonymous

Hi Risa!

I'm definantly into the organics scene. If I'm not slacking too hard I usually grow the wheatgrass from winter (hard) wheatberries. Using trays, organic soil, H2O, and 7 days is all it takes. For the flora end, I drink this stuff called kombucha. I get it at Wild Oats, Whole Foods etc.. It gave me a buzz the first time I drank it as well. Kombucha is a fermented black tea (with good bacterium; lactobacillus) and is just as easy as wheatgrass to make.

Currently I am a bicycle mechanic and work about 32 hrs a week. I find if I do both daily (wheatgrass/kombucha) I have a little more energy at the end of the day and it feels easier to stay positive (which is huge to staying healthy). The power of the mind is pretty amazing.

How's about u?

65rosessamurai

On occasion, I have shitake. I also seem to intake quite a bit of ginger (always served with sushi) and garlic. Another bonus to garlic is to add leeks with pork (the pork has a unique reaction with leeks to increase stamina), which is most often used in Ramen (often during the hot summer).
Along with the wife dishing out about 50 types of vitamins, herbal tablets, minerals, etc., she's been feeding me a lot of veggies, most of them are not great in taste, but fills the old saying with "some of the bad tasting foods are what's good for your health" (or something like that). She had been making hot meals, with the constant explanation that it is always best to keep the stomach warm in the cold weather for better digestion.
I'm constantly eating tofu, and other Omega-3 fatty acidic foods, as well.
Also, the wife insists on using canola oil, despite it being a little more expensive than other oils for cooking.
AND, I've been in the martial arts for at least the past 20 years!!! (only concern is with my shoulder injury, can I keep going!??)
I also recall hearing the doctors say to eat everything, but they also said to stay away from pork products, and high fats, because they are the most difficult to digest. I had, for a long time, been able to avoid pork in most cases, but seemgly have not had digestive problems while eating pork products in the past several months...maybe it's because It hasn't been as high a quantity as the states, and I'm not on enzymes.
So, I had ALWAYS eaten pretzels (Thank goodness I love those!!). I went for a long time in Japan without them, too...tried some replacements, but nothing can replace pretzels!! (However, between the pretzels and cola, I probably gained 10 pounds!!)

65rosessamurai

On occasion, I have shitake. I also seem to intake quite a bit of ginger (always served with sushi) and garlic. Another bonus to garlic is to add leeks with pork (the pork has a unique reaction with leeks to increase stamina), which is most often used in Ramen (often during the hot summer).
Along with the wife dishing out about 50 types of vitamins, herbal tablets, minerals, etc., she's been feeding me a lot of veggies, most of them are not great in taste, but fills the old saying with "some of the bad tasting foods are what's good for your health" (or something like that). She had been making hot meals, with the constant explanation that it is always best to keep the stomach warm in the cold weather for better digestion.
I'm constantly eating tofu, and other Omega-3 fatty acidic foods, as well.
Also, the wife insists on using canola oil, despite it being a little more expensive than other oils for cooking.
AND, I've been in the martial arts for at least the past 20 years!!! (only concern is with my shoulder injury, can I keep going!??)
I also recall hearing the doctors say to eat everything, but they also said to stay away from pork products, and high fats, because they are the most difficult to digest. I had, for a long time, been able to avoid pork in most cases, but seemgly have not had digestive problems while eating pork products in the past several months...maybe it's because It hasn't been as high a quantity as the states, and I'm not on enzymes.
So, I had ALWAYS eaten pretzels (Thank goodness I love those!!). I went for a long time in Japan without them, too...tried some replacements, but nothing can replace pretzels!! (However, between the pretzels and cola, I probably gained 10 pounds!!)

anonymous

Sounds great David and Fred

Since I am a transplant patient, if I eat anything with shitake, ginger or garlic orwheat grass I do this rarely because of the immune boosting effects. I have learned that anything healthy can help keep you healthier but it is the foods like Shitake and garlic that boost T cells. It is not worth it to me. I believe in energy testing and if I test strong to wheat grass I will have some but not all the time. I have a green powder similar to wheat grass barley something. I take this on a rare occasion.

keep on sharing
Risa

PS glad your new wife Fred takes good care of you

anonymous

Sounds great David and Fred

Since I am a transplant patient, if I eat anything with shitake, ginger or garlic orwheat grass I do this rarely because of the immune boosting effects. I have learned that anything healthy can help keep you healthier but it is the foods like Shitake and garlic that boost T cells. It is not worth it to me. I believe in energy testing and if I test strong to wheat grass I will have some but not all the time. I have a green powder similar to wheat grass barley something. I take this on a rare occasion.

keep on sharing
Risa

PS glad your new wife Fred takes good care of you

Allie

It's late, I'm bored, I got out some more.

Pepperoni dip

1/2 pound pepperoni sausage, diced
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 package cream cheese, softened

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F In a medium baking dish, mix the pepperoni, cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese. Bake uncovered 15 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned. The whole thing makes 1277 calories, but how much you get depends on how much you eat. Really good with cut up bagels or stuff like that.

Spicy Coconut-tomato Chicken

1 cup uncooked basmati rice
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2 chicken leg quarters
1/2 onion, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1/2 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1/2 (6 ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon garam masala
1-1/2 teaspoons brown mustard seed
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 cubes chicken bouillon
4 wedges lime
1/4 cup sour cream

Bring the rice and 1 quart water to a boil in a pot. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and onion powder. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a skillet, and brown the chicken on all sides. Set chicken aside, and mix in the onion and jalapenos. Cook until tender. Pour in the coconut milk and 1 cup water, and stir in diced tomatoes with green chiles and tomato paste. Season with cumin, garam masala, mustard seed, cayenne pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt. Dissolve bouillon cubes in the mixture. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Remove chicken from skillet, cool enough to handle, and remove meat from bones. Return meat to skillet. Serve mixture over the cooked rice. Garnish with lime wedges, and top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.

We split it between the two of us at about 956 calories a serving

one thing I will say is I think we did better in that we cooked. OUr food wasn't overprocessed microwave meals, they were real food.

Allie

It's late, I'm bored, I got out some more.

Pepperoni dip

1/2 pound pepperoni sausage, diced
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 package cream cheese, softened

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F In a medium baking dish, mix the pepperoni, cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese. Bake uncovered 15 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned. The whole thing makes 1277 calories, but how much you get depends on how much you eat. Really good with cut up bagels or stuff like that.

Spicy Coconut-tomato Chicken

1 cup uncooked basmati rice
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2 chicken leg quarters
1/2 onion, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1/2 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1/2 (6 ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon garam masala
1-1/2 teaspoons brown mustard seed
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 cubes chicken bouillon
4 wedges lime
1/4 cup sour cream

Bring the rice and 1 quart water to a boil in a pot. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and onion powder. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a skillet, and brown the chicken on all sides. Set chicken aside, and mix in the onion and jalapenos. Cook until tender. Pour in the coconut milk and 1 cup water, and stir in diced tomatoes with green chiles and tomato paste. Season with cumin, garam masala, mustard seed, cayenne pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt. Dissolve bouillon cubes in the mixture. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Remove chicken from skillet, cool enough to handle, and remove meat from bones. Return meat to skillet. Serve mixture over the cooked rice. Garnish with lime wedges, and top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.

We split it between the two of us at about 956 calories a serving

one thing I will say is I think we did better in that we cooked. OUr food wasn't overprocessed microwave meals, they were real food.