Side effects with tx meds

Marjolein

A question for everyone post tx

Does anyone know about joint pain and muscle weakness/aches as a side effect from one of the tx meds?

I had joint problems pre tx but that was gone after i had my tx. It's back now and more too. My muscles have been weaker over the last 2 months too and doesn't seem to get better. They feel very tired/heavy and they hurt sometimes too.

I can't really figure out what causes this, I haven't done anything different..

So I was talking with my physio this morning and he suggested looking at the side effects from my meds. I will look at them all but wanted to post the question here too, does anyone else experience this and do you know why it is and what you can do about it?

X

Marjolein

Does anyone know about joint pain and muscle weakness/aches as a side effect from one of the tx meds?

I had joint problems pre tx but that was gone after i had my tx. It's back now and more too. My muscles have been weaker over the last 2 months too and doesn't seem to get better. They feel very tired/heavy and they hurt sometimes too.

So I was talking with my physio this morning and he suggested looking at the side effects from my meds. I will look at them all but wanted to post the question here too, does anyone else experience this and do you know why it is and what you can do about it?

X

Marjolein

X

Marjolein

X

Marjolein

<br />
<br />Does anyone know about joint pain and muscle weakness/aches as a side effect from one of the tx meds?
<br />
<br />I had joint problems pre tx but that was gone after i had my tx. It's back now and more too. My muscles have been weaker over the last 2 months too and doesn't seem to get better. They feel very tired/heavy and they hurt sometimes too.
<br />
<br />I can't really figure out what causes this, I haven't done anything different..
<br />
<br />So I was talking with my physio this morning and he suggested looking at the side effects from my meds. I will look at them all but wanted to post the question here too, does anyone else experience this and do you know why it is and what you can do about it?
<br />
<br />X

kittykat

Hello Marjolein:

My tx center requires patients to attend a series of education classes about tx; yesterday's topic was transplant medications. Prednisone is likely to cause muscle weakness and bone thinning, which may in turn cause joint pain. I hope this helps, but please talk to your doctors and nurses.

kittykat

Hello Marjolein:

My tx center requires patients to attend a series of education classes about tx; yesterday's topic was transplant medications. Prednisone is likely to cause muscle weakness and bone thinning, which may in turn cause joint pain. I hope this helps, but please talk to your doctors and nurses.

kittykat

Hello Marjolein:

kittykat

Hello Marjolein:

kittykat

Hello Marjolein:
<br />
<br />My tx center requires patients to attend a series of education classes about tx; yesterday's topic was transplant medications. Prednisone is likely to cause muscle weakness and bone thinning, which may in turn cause joint pain. I hope this helps, but please talk to your doctors and nurses.
<br />
<br />

C

christyisnutz

Marjolein,
Sorry to hear you are having these problems. Prednisone can definitely cause muscle fatigue and weakness... especially in the legs. There are many different causes for joint pain. Some meds do have that side effect, but I'm not sure what all you are taking. I would suggest seeing a rheumotologist about the joint pain. They will discuss possible side effects from all of your medications, and will most likely do some blood work to rule out things like arthritis and lupus. Good luck!!

C

christyisnutz

Marjolein,
Sorry to hear you are having these problems. Prednisone can definitely cause muscle fatigue and weakness... especially in the legs. There are many different causes for joint pain. Some meds do have that side effect, but I'm not sure what all you are taking. I would suggest seeing a rheumotologist about the joint pain. They will discuss possible side effects from all of your medications, and will most likely do some blood work to rule out things like arthritis and lupus. Good luck!!

C

christyisnutz

Marjolein,

C

christyisnutz

Marjolein,

C

christyisnutz

Marjolein,
<br />Sorry to hear you are having these problems. Prednisone can definitely cause muscle fatigue and weakness... especially in the legs. There are many different causes for joint pain. Some meds do have that side effect, but I'm not sure what all you are taking. I would suggest seeing a rheumotologist about the joint pain. They will discuss possible side effects from all of your medications, and will most likely do some blood work to rule out things like arthritis and lupus. Good luck!!

Marjolein

Thank you both for your comments!

I was thinking of the Prednisolon too but I am on such a low dose.. Don't think I could get much lower with that, I'm on 5 mg.

On Risa's boards (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.transplantbuddies.org/tbx/messages/3/16263.html?1205335397">this thread</a>) someone suggested it might be Prograft too. The leaflet that I get with that does say that muscle weakness is a very rare side effect with it.

These are the meds that I'm on now
Prograft
Prednisolon
Azithromycine
Co-trimoxasol Forte (antibiotic)
Omeprazol
Iron (Ferrofumaraat)
Magnesiumhydroxide
Calcichew
Fosamax
Vit A,B,C,D,E and K
Creon
Serevent puf
and Combivent nebs

I think I might call my clinic tomorrow and ask what they say

Thank you both for your replies!

Marjolein

I was thinking of the Prednisolon too but I am on such a low dose.. Don't think I could get much lower with that, I'm on 5 mg.

On Risa's boards (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.transplantbuddies.org/tbx/messages/3/16263.html?1205335397">this thread</a>) someone suggested it might be Prograft too. The leaflet that I get with that does say that muscle weakness is a very rare side effect with it.

Prograft
Prednisolon
Azithromycine
Omeprazol
Iron (Ferrofumaraat)
Magnesiumhydroxide
Calcichew
Fosamax
Vit A,B,C,D,E and K
Creon
Serevent puf
and Combivent nebs

Marjolein

Prograft
Prednisolon
Azithromycine
Omeprazol
Iron (Ferrofumaraat)
Magnesiumhydroxide
Calcichew
Fosamax
Vit A,B,C,D,E and K
Creon
Serevent puf
and Combivent nebs

Marjolein

Prograft
Prednisolon
Azithromycine
Omeprazol
Iron (Ferrofumaraat)
Magnesiumhydroxide
Calcichew
Fosamax
Vit A,B,C,D,E and K
Creon
Serevent puf
and Combivent nebs

Marjolein

<br />
<br />I was thinking of the Prednisolon too but I am on such a low dose.. Don't think I could get much lower with that, I'm on 5 mg.
<br />
<br />On Risa's boards (<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.transplantbuddies.org/tbx/messages/3/16263.html?1205335397">this thread</a>) someone suggested it might be Prograft too. The leaflet that I get with that does say that muscle weakness is a very rare side effect with it.
<br />
<br />These are the meds that I'm on now
<br />Prograft
<br />Prednisolon
<br />Azithromycine
<br />Co-trimoxasol Forte (antibiotic)
<br />Omeprazol
<br />Iron (Ferrofumaraat)
<br />Magnesiumhydroxide
<br />Calcichew
<br />Fosamax
<br />Vit A,B,C,D,E and K