Sinus infections and antibiotics

rosesixtyfive

My older child does not have CF, but she does get sinus infections and is on antibiotics about three times a year. Now that Sam is here and his three months old with CF, I read about how antibiotics could kill off good bacteria, and leave room for bad bacteria, which could be passed from person to person. I want to make my home and my family safe. What are some good things I can try to help my four year old without CF be healthy so that my three-month old with CF is not negatively affected? The four year old is allergic to normal things - dust, mold, dogs, pollen. Does this indicate a tougher time for my little one if he inherits the same allergies as his parents and sibling?
Thanks so much,
rosesixtyfive,
mother of Samuel, 3 months, (dx at birth), DDf508 and a fighter

rosesixtyfive

My older child does not have CF, but she does get sinus infections and is on antibiotics about three times a year. Now that Sam is here and his three months old with CF, I read about how antibiotics could kill off good bacteria, and leave room for bad bacteria, which could be passed from person to person. I want to make my home and my family safe. What are some good things I can try to help my four year old without CF be healthy so that my three-month old with CF is not negatively affected? The four year old is allergic to normal things - dust, mold, dogs, pollen. Does this indicate a tougher time for my little one if he inherits the same allergies as his parents and sibling?
Thanks so much,
rosesixtyfive,

rosesixtyfive

Thanks so much,
rosesixtyfive,

rosesixtyfive

Thanks so much,
rosesixtyfive,

rosesixtyfive

<br />Thanks so much,
<br />rosesixtyfive,
<br />mother of Samuel, 3 months, (dx at birth), DDf508 and a fighter

rosesixtyfive

I just wanted to add that I made an effort this fall to keep my four year old healthy. I tried adding good yogurt, getting her to bed earlier, eating healthier, keeping her away from sick people, and she is has still been on antibiotics twice - once in September and once right now in December. I just worry if I can't keep my non-CF child safe from sinus infections, how will I ever keep my child with CF safe from lung infections.

rosesixtyfive

I just wanted to add that I made an effort this fall to keep my four year old healthy. I tried adding good yogurt, getting her to bed earlier, eating healthier, keeping her away from sick people, and she is has still been on antibiotics twice - once in September and once right now in December. I just worry if I can't keep my non-CF child safe from sinus infections, how will I ever keep my child with CF safe from lung infections.

rosesixtyfive

rosesixtyfive

rosesixtyfive

A

alluneedislove

Im not sure if young kids can do this but it really helps with my sinus infections its a nasal rinse just water and a salt solution and you flush it through ur nose 2x's a day. I use Neilmed but there are all types. It feels really good and puts moisture into your nose. Probiotics also help once your off antibiotics to put good bacteria into your body. Hope this helps

A

alluneedislove

Im not sure if young kids can do this but it really helps with my sinus infections its a nasal rinse just water and a salt solution and you flush it through ur nose 2x's a day. I use Neilmed but there are all types. It feels really good and puts moisture into your nose. Probiotics also help once your off antibiotics to put good bacteria into your body. Hope this helps

A

alluneedislove

A

alluneedislove

A

alluneedislove

ymikhale

Are you treating allergies? Have you tried removing or at least minimizing the allergens? My dd does not seem to have allergies but removing the carpet and switching to leathher couch has had positive impact on her health

ymikhale

Are you treating allergies? Have you tried removing or at least minimizing the allergens? My dd does not seem to have allergies but removing the carpet and switching to leathher couch has had positive impact on her health