Space heaters

Diane

Does anyone here use space heaters along with their regular heating? My mom recently purchased one of those "surge heaters" that are being advertised everywhere. The one where it looks like and simulates a fireplace. They say the heater itself is free and you basically pay for the mantle that the Amish make. I have had it for a few weeks now and on cold nights i've been using it and it really does work to keep the place warm. I always worry a little about space heaters affecting the lungs negatively but im not sure in what way they could that. Does anyone know about space heaters and lung safety?

Diane

Does anyone here use space heaters along with their regular heating? My mom recently purchased one of those "surge heaters" that are being advertised everywhere. The one where it looks like and simulates a fireplace. They say the heater itself is free and you basically pay for the mantle that the Amish make. I have had it for a few weeks now and on cold nights i've been using it and it really does work to keep the place warm. I always worry a little about space heaters affecting the lungs negatively but im not sure in what way they could that. Does anyone know about space heaters and lung safety?

Diane

Diane

Diane

JazzysMom

What is the source for the heat? We have a "fireplace", but you use the cannisters similiar to what you use under the warming trays at parties.

The ones we use are especially designed for the fireplace with the snap, crackle & pop sounds that would go with a real fire. There are no fumes, no need for a chimney. Surpringly it warms around it, but not the whole room.

JazzysMom

What is the source for the heat? We have a "fireplace", but you use the cannisters similiar to what you use under the warming trays at parties.

The ones we use are especially designed for the fireplace with the snap, crackle & pop sounds that would go with a real fire. There are no fumes, no need for a chimney. Surpringly it warms around it, but not the whole room.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />The ones we use are especially designed for the fireplace with the snap, crackle & pop sounds that would go with a real fire. There are no fumes, no need for a chimney. Surpringly it warms around it, but not the whole room.
<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We've used an electric tower style space heater in our lower level when it gets particularly cold.

I've seen the ones you're talking about being advertised and have wondered about them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We've used an electric tower style space heater in our lower level when it gets particularly cold.

I've seen the ones you're talking about being advertised and have wondered about them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I've seen the ones you're talking about being advertised and have wondered about them.

just1more

Diane, if I'm correct the 'surge' heater you are referring to is an electric space heater.

While not very efficient at making heat, per se, they should be completely safe for CF.

If the space heater burns natural gas or other petroleum based fuels then you would need consider if there is anything being put into the air that might be irritating.

just1more

Diane, if I'm correct the 'surge' heater you are referring to is an electric space heater.

While not very efficient at making heat, per se, they should be completely safe for CF.

If the space heater burns natural gas or other petroleum based fuels then you would need consider if there is anything being put into the air that might be irritating.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />While not very efficient at making heat, per se, they should be completely safe for CF.
<br />
<br />If the space heater burns natural gas or other petroleum based fuels then you would need consider if there is anything being put into the air that might be irritating.