Spray Parks???? Not Waterpark

SARAHSARAH253

A Spray Park opened a few blocks from our home, and I'm thinking about taking the kids. I have ready plenty on water parks w/ pools. Though I haven't read anything on "Spray Parks". I'm only dragging my heals on taking them because i have read Sooooo much negative on nasty shower heads and such. Any info would be awesome.

Thanks,

Sarah

Mommy to Johhny 4 w/cf & Bailey almost 2 no/cf

SARAHSARAH253

A Spray Park opened a few blocks from our home, and I'm thinking about taking the kids. I have ready plenty on water parks w/ pools. Though I haven't read anything on "Spray Parks". I'm only dragging my heals on taking them because i have read Sooooo much negative on nasty shower heads and such. Any info would be awesome.

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Thanks,

Sarah

M

Mommafirst

what do you mean by spray park? Is it fountains but no standing body of water?

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Like a Splash Pad? I guess I've never thought about it. I've sent DS with daycare to a local school swimming pool that had zero depth water features. I'm more concerned about hot tubs with the warmer temperatures being very conducive to growing bugs and sitting at a level in which one is inhaling the steam (and germs) from the hot tub.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Like a Splash Pad? I guess I've never thought about it. I've sent DS with daycare to a local school swimming pool that had zero depth water features. I'm more concerned about hot tubs with the warmer temperatures being very conducive to growing bugs and sitting at a level in which one is inhaling the steam (and germs) from the hot tub.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

chicagocubsmom

We were also told that hot tubs...not a great idea. But splash pads, pools, clean lakes are okay. Our CF doctor told us she has an older patient who worked at a water park for a couple summers and he never cultured anything.

chicagocubsmom

We were also told that hot tubs...not a great idea. But splash pads, pools, clean lakes are okay. Our CF doctor told us she has an older patient who worked at a water park for a couple summers and he never cultured anything.

chicagocubsmom

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

This is a "SPRAY PARK"...I have never been before, but lot's of my friends have been spending time there. There is just water sparying everwhere! I was just concerned because of all the reading i have read on this site about "Shower Heads" and PA living in them. That was my main concern. I think I'm going to throw caution to the wint and take them this afternoon.

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

This is a "SPRAY PARK"...I have never been before, but lot's of my friends have been spending time there. There is just water sparying everwhere! I was just concerned because of all the reading i have read on this site about "Shower Heads" and PA living in them. That was my main concern. I think I'm going to throw caution to the wint and take them this afternoon.

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
<br />
<br />This is a "SPRAY PARK"...I have never been before, but lot's of my friends have been spending time there. There is just water sparying everwhere! I was just concerned because of all the reading i have read on this site about "Shower Heads" and PA living in them. That was my main concern. I think I'm going to throw caution to the wint and take them this afternoon.
<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />
<br />Sarah

kitomd21

I won't take DD to water/spray parks. Consider that spray parks are just recycling the water that has already fallen to the ground...touched dirty feet...dirty ground...urine perhaps. Honestly, not a good idea in my opinion. I know that our local - and really upscale - spray park recycles the water as mentioned. "Sprays" in general are an excellent method of transferring "bugs" into the lungs. Consider aerosolized particles vs swimming pools...

kitomd21

I won't take DD to water/spray parks. Consider that spray parks are just recycling the water that has already fallen to the ground...touched dirty feet...dirty ground...urine perhaps. Honestly, not a good idea in my opinion. I know that our local - and really upscale - spray park recycles the water as mentioned. "Sprays" in general are an excellent method of transferring "bugs" into the lungs. Consider aerosolized particles vs swimming pools...