stats on women trying

anonymous

what are the stats on women with CF and whether then can have children naturally or not? is it hard for all CF women to have children? do most need help? are there any that can just get pregnant regularly?

Grl22

Hi last yr My B/F and i got a fact booklet (i say booklet but it was about 150 photo coppied pages) on Facts about CF women and pregancy's from my social worker it has alot of info in it as well as personal stories.

Hopefully this parragraph answers your Question ...

When we concider female fertility the estimates vary conciderably depending on where you look it up from or whom you hear it, what we can say is that there is a much lower pregnancy rate than the expected 85% per year for non CF women using no contraception and this decrease in fertility is due to an increased incidence of cervical plugging. There are no developmental problems as in the male it is the fallopian tubes the endometrium. The overies all appear to be normal however there is quite abnormal cervical mucous.

it goes on with lots of facts and personal stories from personal experances of CF mothers and pregnancies if you are intrested in hearing or seeing more PM me and i'll get you a copy of all the info i was given if you like.

Grl22

Hi last yr My B/F and i got a fact booklet (i say booklet but it was about 150 photo coppied pages) on Facts about CF women and pregancy's from my social worker it has alot of info in it as well as personal stories.

When we concider female fertility the estimates vary conciderably depending on where you look it up from or whom you hear it, what we can say is that there is a much lower pregnancy rate than the expected 85% per year for non CF women using no contraception and this decrease in fertility is due to an increased incidence of cervical plugging. There are no developmental problems as in the male it is the fallopian tubes the endometrium. The overies all appear to be normal however there is quite abnormal cervical mucous.

it goes on with lots of facts and personal stories from personal experances of CF mothers and pregnancies if you are intrested in hearing or seeing more PM me and i'll get you a copy of all the info i was given if you like.

Grl22

JohnnaMarie

I think that women with CF that are wanting to get pregnant have to look at what their personal situation is. How high are their PFTS, what is their weight, stress level, do they have regular menstral cycles, how often do they have lung infections. If the woman has thick cervical mucus that can work against the process as well. These are all factors that work with or against a person becoming pregnant. On average I believe it takes a healthy person around a year to concieve. If you are a pretty heathy CF patient it may take more or less time. There is no definite time frame. You should always discuss with your doctor how they feel your health is right now and if you need to make changes to make a pregnancy possible. If a person cannot sustain their own body, then they are not going to be able to sustain a pregnancy.

Much Love
And Good Health

JohnnaMarie

I think that women with CF that are wanting to get pregnant have to look at what their personal situation is. How high are their PFTS, what is their weight, stress level, do they have regular menstral cycles, how often do they have lung infections. If the woman has thick cervical mucus that can work against the process as well. These are all factors that work with or against a person becoming pregnant. On average I believe it takes a healthy person around a year to concieve. If you are a pretty heathy CF patient it may take more or less time. There is no definite time frame. You should always discuss with your doctor how they feel your health is right now and if you need to make changes to make a pregnancy possible. If a person cannot sustain their own body, then they are not going to be able to sustain a pregnancy.

Much Love
And Good Health

JohnnaMarie

Much Love
And Good Health