Stay at home moms w/cf

I have to say that me being a stay at home mom has been a huge benefit to both my daughters and to myself. I think my health is better, and I enjoy all the time I get with them. My daily routine involves getting up, getting my oldest (5) ready for school and on the bus. Then my younger one (3) gets up, and I get her breakfast and get her settled. While she is eating is when I do that first treatment of the day. The whole morning is then spent just keeping her busy and keeping up with the house.
After lunch comes the time that nearly everyone who posted here has mentioned. VERY IMPORTANT lol. I make her rest and I rest with her. I think it helps me kind of "reboot" for the day. Neither of us really sleeps, but I feel we NEED this time. When she starts school, this will become a flat out nap time for me I am sure lol. When that is over, we go back to keeping busy. I can't say this is any sort of schedule. We go outside, go to the store, go to my Mom's, etc. I also kind of break the housework up throughout the day.
I live in a very small town (village really) without a MOPS group that is very close. I do lack that connection with other moms, and I miss that a lot. This summer though we will be joining the local library's reading group, and I think that will help. Congrats on your decision, Haley! I think it's a great one!

I have to say that me being a stay at home mom has been a huge benefit to both my daughters and to myself. I think my health is better, and I enjoy all the time I get with them. My daily routine involves getting up, getting my oldest (5) ready for school and on the bus. Then my younger one (3) gets up, and I get her breakfast and get her settled. While she is eating is when I do that first treatment of the day. The whole morning is then spent just keeping her busy and keeping up with the house.
After lunch comes the time that nearly everyone who posted here has mentioned. VERY IMPORTANT lol. I make her rest and I rest with her. I think it helps me kind of "reboot" for the day. Neither of us really sleeps, but I feel we NEED this time. When she starts school, this will become a flat out nap time for me I am sure lol. When that is over, we go back to keeping busy. I can't say this is any sort of schedule. We go outside, go to the store, go to my Mom's, etc. I also kind of break the housework up throughout the day.
I live in a very small town (village really) without a MOPS group that is very close. I do lack that connection with other moms, and I miss that a lot. This summer though we will be joining the local library's reading group, and I think that will help. Congrats on your decision, Haley! I think it's a great one!

<br />After lunch comes the time that nearly everyone who posted here has mentioned. VERY IMPORTANT lol. I make her rest and I rest with her. I think it helps me kind of "reboot" for the day. Neither of us really sleeps, but I feel we NEED this time. When she starts school, this will become a flat out nap time for me I am sure lol. When that is over, we go back to keeping busy. I can't say this is any sort of schedule. We go outside, go to the store, go to my Mom's, etc. I also kind of break the housework up throughout the day.
<br />I live in a very small town (village really) without a MOPS group that is very close. I do lack that connection with other moms, and I miss that a lot. This summer though we will be joining the local library's reading group, and I think that will help. Congrats on your decision, Haley! I think it's a great one!

tara

My whole "routine" revolves around nap time. When the twins napped 3 times a day, they were very little and I had scheduled naps:

Up at 7AM
Nap 9-11AM
Nap 1-2PM
Nap 4-5PM
Down to bed around 8 or 9 I think.

When they got a bit older, about 1 year old, maybe less, they went down to 2 naps a day and they slept later. So my day looked like this:

Up at 8AM
Nap 10-12
Nap 3-4 PM
Down around 8PM

Then when they reached 20 months we changed to one nap a day after lunch. We still have that today. They nap for about 2 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less) and they go down anywhere between 1 and 2 PM.

So my whole day, errands, lunch, housework..whatever, revolved around their naps. When I'm sick, I still nap when they nap. Naps are GREAT! I'll be so sad when they are gone. I'm hoping to hold onto them until they are 5. Wish me luck!

I joined a mothers of multiples group, but never clicked with many of the moms. There are other play groups, but I'm PARANOID about germs, so I tend to stay away from being in enclosed spaces with coughy sneezy kids. I could care less if the twins get sick, they'll get over it, but I won't. We go to the park a lot, the twins LOVE to shop with me. At Morgan's age I could plan my shopping trips during nap time because they would sleep in the stroller. That was bliss. I love to shop.

Now at the twins age, they stay in their room till about 9AM. I get them up for breakfast after my morning treatments, which take an hour. I never set an alarm because I need my sleep. I then do my second treatment when they are awake. It only takes a half hour. It's usually after lunch, but sometimes before lunch. I just try and be done by 1:30 so I can get them to bed. My evening treatment starts at 7PM when they are in the bath. DH bathes them, I dress them during my treatment and DH reads the bedtime stories. This treatment takes an hour, so I take a small break in the middle to tuck them in, and kiss them goodnight. Then I'm off duty for the night at 7:30!

Hope this helps!

tara

My whole "routine" revolves around nap time. When the twins napped 3 times a day, they were very little and I had scheduled naps:

Up at 7AM
Nap 9-11AM
Nap 1-2PM
Nap 4-5PM

When they got a bit older, about 1 year old, maybe less, they went down to 2 naps a day and they slept later. So my day looked like this:

Up at 8AM
Nap 10-12
Nap 3-4 PM
Down around 8PM

Then when they reached 20 months we changed to one nap a day after lunch. We still have that today. They nap for about 2 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less) and they go down anywhere between 1 and 2 PM.

So my whole day, errands, lunch, housework..whatever, revolved around their naps. When I'm sick, I still nap when they nap. Naps are GREAT! I'll be so sad when they are gone. I'm hoping to hold onto them until they are 5. Wish me luck!

I joined a mothers of multiples group, but never clicked with many of the moms. There are other play groups, but I'm PARANOID about germs, so I tend to stay away from being in enclosed spaces with coughy sneezy kids. I could care less if the twins get sick, they'll get over it, but I won't. We go to the park a lot, the twins LOVE to shop with me. At Morgan's age I could plan my shopping trips during nap time because they would sleep in the stroller. That was bliss. I love to shop.

Now at the twins age, they stay in their room till about 9AM. I get them up for breakfast after my morning treatments, which take an hour. I never set an alarm because I need my sleep. I then do my second treatment when they are awake. It only takes a half hour. It's usually after lunch, but sometimes before lunch. I just try and be done by 1:30 so I can get them to bed. My evening treatment starts at 7PM when they are in the bath. DH bathes them, I dress them during my treatment and DH reads the bedtime stories. This treatment takes an hour, so I take a small break in the middle to tuck them in, and kiss them goodnight. Then I'm off duty for the night at 7:30!

Hope this helps!

tara

Up at 7AM
Nap 9-11AM
Nap 1-2PM
Nap 4-5PM

Up at 8AM
Nap 10-12
Nap 3-4 PM
Down around 8PM

Hope this helps!

tara

Up at 7AM
Nap 9-11AM
Nap 1-2PM
Nap 4-5PM

Up at 8AM
Nap 10-12
Nap 3-4 PM
Down around 8PM

Hope this helps!

tara

<br />
<br />Up at 7AM
<br />Nap 9-11AM
<br />Nap 1-2PM
<br />Nap 4-5PM
<br />Down to bed around 8 or 9 I think.
<br />
<br />When they got a bit older, about 1 year old, maybe less, they went down to 2 naps a day and they slept later. So my day looked like this:
<br />
<br />Up at 8AM
<br />Nap 10-12
<br />Nap 3-4 PM
<br />Down around 8PM
<br />
<br />Then when they reached 20 months we changed to one nap a day after lunch. We still have that today. They nap for about 2 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less) and they go down anywhere between 1 and 2 PM.
<br />
<br />So my whole day, errands, lunch, housework..whatever, revolved around their naps. When I'm sick, I still nap when they nap. Naps are GREAT! I'll be so sad when they are gone. I'm hoping to hold onto them until they are 5. Wish me luck!
<br />
<br />I joined a mothers of multiples group, but never clicked with many of the moms. There are other play groups, but I'm PARANOID about germs, so I tend to stay away from being in enclosed spaces with coughy sneezy kids. I could care less if the twins get sick, they'll get over it, but I won't. We go to the park a lot, the twins LOVE to shop with me. At Morgan's age I could plan my shopping trips during nap time because they would sleep in the stroller. That was bliss. I love to shop.
<br />
<br />Now at the twins age, they stay in their room till about 9AM. I get them up for breakfast after my morning treatments, which take an hour. I never set an alarm because I need my sleep. I then do my second treatment when they are awake. It only takes a half hour. It's usually after lunch, but sometimes before lunch. I just try and be done by 1:30 so I can get them to bed. My evening treatment starts at 7PM when they are in the bath. DH bathes them, I dress them during my treatment and DH reads the bedtime stories. This treatment takes an hour, so I take a small break in the middle to tuck them in, and kiss them goodnight. Then I'm off duty for the night at 7:30!
<br />
<br />Hope this helps!
<br />
<br />
<br />

H

hopesiris

It varies but like this:

6:30-7:30am-Amelia wakes me up
8am- Amelia has breakfast, nurses
8:30-9 Amelia watches sesame street in her jumperoo while I eat and relax or get ready to go out
9-10:30 YMCA swim or yoga 2 days a week/clean and relax 3 days a week while Amelia plays
11-1 Amelia naps 1-2 hours on my lap or in car/stroller
1:30 Lunch for both of us
2-3 Stroller walk/go out/bath time or clean
4-6 Amelia naps 1-2 hrs, plays while I exercise
6-7 clean kitchen, cook dinner
7-8 family dinner
8-9 Amelia PJ's, stays with daddy while I do treatment and clean up
9-10 watch tv with DH, Amelia asleep on my lap
10-11 family goes to bed

Today I relaxed in the morning then cleaned for two hours, then went out to get lunch/had company for a couple of hours. Amelia is having a long nap/nursing since she was tired from playing with her cousin. The rest of the evening will go as usual. Yesterday we did swim class, followed the usual schedule and then went out for dinner locally.

I breastfeed every 3 hours still and make Amelia's baby food. Amelia is developing rapidly now and this schedule is shifting to include more activities outside the home.

H

hopesiris

It varies but like this:

8:30-9 Amelia watches sesame street in her jumperoo while I eat and relax or get ready to go out
9-10:30 YMCA swim or yoga 2 days a week/clean and relax 3 days a week while Amelia plays
7-8 family dinner
10-11 family goes to bed

Today I relaxed in the morning then cleaned for two hours, then went out to get lunch/had company for a couple of hours. Amelia is having a long nap/nursing since she was tired from playing with her cousin. The rest of the evening will go as usual. Yesterday we did swim class, followed the usual schedule and then went out for dinner locally.

I breastfeed every 3 hours still and make Amelia's baby food. Amelia is developing rapidly now and this schedule is shifting to include more activities outside the home.

H

hopesiris

It varies but like this:

7-8 family dinner
10-11 family goes to bed

H

hopesiris

It varies but like this:

7-8 family dinner
10-11 family goes to bed

H

hopesiris

It varies but like this:
<br />
<br />6:30-7:30am-Amelia wakes me up
<br />8am- Amelia has breakfast, nurses
<br />8:30-9 Amelia watches sesame street in her jumperoo while I eat and relax or get ready to go out
<br />9-10:30 YMCA swim or yoga 2 days a week/clean and relax 3 days a week while Amelia plays
<br />11-1 Amelia naps 1-2 hours on my lap or in car/stroller
<br />1:30 Lunch for both of us
<br />2-3 Stroller walk/go out/bath time or clean
<br />4-6 Amelia naps 1-2 hrs, plays while I exercise
<br />6-7 clean kitchen, cook dinner
<br />7-8 family dinner
<br />8-9 Amelia PJ's, stays with daddy while I do treatment and clean up
<br />9-10 watch tv with DH, Amelia asleep on my lap
<br />10-11 family goes to bed
<br />
<br />Today I relaxed in the morning then cleaned for two hours, then went out to get lunch/had company for a couple of hours. Amelia is having a long nap/nursing since she was tired from playing with her cousin. The rest of the evening will go as usual. Yesterday we did swim class, followed the usual schedule and then went out for dinner locally.
<br />
<br />I breastfeed every 3 hours still and make Amelia's baby food. Amelia is developing rapidly now and this schedule is shifting to include more activities outside the home.
<br />
<br />

jaazavala

Having a good schedual is the key to staying sane. I dont get up untill my kids wake me between 8 and 9. We have breakfeast and then the baby gets her treatments and med's (She is not diagnosed with cf yet but she still has neb treatments everyday and an inhaler and allergy meds). My son gets to watch tv and I spend some time on the computer. At 11 I send Antonio to get ready for school. He is only in preschool and his bus comes at noon. While he is getting ready for school I get lunch ready. Then while we are waiting for the bus I get the baby ready for nap. As soon as the bus leaves she gets her nap and I rest with her. I either take a nap with her or I will watch tv. When she gets up we do her next treatment and meds and I start dinner. We eat at 5 when my husband gets home from work. This is also the time that Antonio gets off of his bus. After dinner I spend a some time on the computer or with the family and we start bed time at 8pm. First Antonio gets a bath then wile he is getting dressed the baby gets a bath then I give her to her dad and he does her last treatment wile I read books to Antonio and do his prayers. Then I get the baby back and nurse her to sleep and I fall asleep with her.

Her is how I break up chores.

At bed time after everyone has had baths I was all the clothes. Then in the morning before I go down stairs I stick them in the dryer. While I am making breakfast I do the dinner dishes and straiten up the kitchen. Then after breakfeast I will get the clothes out of the dryer and put them away. During the day I will pick up the living room if it needs it and when I am making dinner I do the kitchen again.

Today was Antonios last day of school so I will have to change my scedual a bit. I plan on homeschooling him but that might change if the baby gets a possitive cf diagnosis.

jaazavala

Having a good schedual is the key to staying sane. I dont get up untill my kids wake me between 8 and 9. We have breakfeast and then the baby gets her treatments and med's (She is not diagnosed with cf yet but she still has neb treatments everyday and an inhaler and allergy meds). My son gets to watch tv and I spend some time on the computer. At 11 I send Antonio to get ready for school. He is only in preschool and his bus comes at noon. While he is getting ready for school I get lunch ready. Then while we are waiting for the bus I get the baby ready for nap. As soon as the bus leaves she gets her nap and I rest with her. I either take a nap with her or I will watch tv. When she gets up we do her next treatment and meds and I start dinner. We eat at 5 when my husband gets home from work. This is also the time that Antonio gets off of his bus. After dinner I spend a some time on the computer or with the family and we start bed time at 8pm. First Antonio gets a bath then wile he is getting dressed the baby gets a bath then I give her to her dad and he does her last treatment wile I read books to Antonio and do his prayers. Then I get the baby back and nurse her to sleep and I fall asleep with her.

At bed time after everyone has had baths I was all the clothes. Then in the morning before I go down stairs I stick them in the dryer. While I am making breakfast I do the dinner dishes and straiten up the kitchen. Then after breakfeast I will get the clothes out of the dryer and put them away. During the day I will pick up the living room if it needs it and when I am making dinner I do the kitchen again.

Today was Antonios last day of school so I will have to change my scedual a bit. I plan on homeschooling him but that might change if the baby gets a possitive cf diagnosis.

jaazavala

jaazavala

jaazavala

<br />
<br />Her is how I break up chores.
<br />
<br />At bed time after everyone has had baths I was all the clothes. Then in the morning before I go down stairs I stick them in the dryer. While I am making breakfast I do the dinner dishes and straiten up the kitchen. Then after breakfeast I will get the clothes out of the dryer and put them away. During the day I will pick up the living room if it needs it and when I am making dinner I do the kitchen again.
<br />
<br />Today was Antonios last day of school so I will have to change my scedual a bit. I plan on homeschooling him but that might change if the baby gets a possitive cf diagnosis.