Staying Positive

JazzysMom

for you CF positive ppl, how do you stay motivated & so pepped up?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>CaliSally</b></i>

True depression is chemical - it has nothing to do with how much positive attitude you may or may not have.

I tried everything in my power to overcome the depression, NOTHING aleviated it. I FORCED myself to go out and be with friends - didn't help one bit to cure the shear devastation I felt inside, dispite the fact that I could still laugh on the outside. I prayed, I helped others...I did everything other said I needed to do. I didn't live with the Eeyore syndrome "thanks for noticing me..." ...I was happy on the outside, no one knew I was suffering on the inside, no one understood the pain.

If your body needed insulin, would you deny it, saying "with my positive attitude, I will overcome diabetes"?

No - that would be ludicrous.

Just as the rest of our bodies can break down and not work as well as it should, so can happen with our minds. Our minds are made up of flesh and blood, just like the rest of us. It isn't a computer to program, we are not robots.

<b>A positive attitude helps, yes! But it can't "cure" true depression </b>

...Just my notes regarding true depression verses "a positive attitude"...</end quote></div>

I just wanted to say that I agree with this. IF it was as easy as being positive she wouldnt be comning here looking for help. Positive thoughts have their place no ??...but like you said if its chemical then it wont fix it!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>CaliSally</b></i>

True depression is chemical - it has nothing to do with how much positive attitude you may or may not have.

I tried everything in my power to overcome the depression, NOTHING aleviated it. I FORCED myself to go out and be with friends - didn't help one bit to cure the shear devastation I felt inside, dispite the fact that I could still laugh on the outside. I prayed, I helped others...I did everything other said I needed to do. I didn't live with the Eeyore syndrome "thanks for noticing me..." ...I was happy on the outside, no one knew I was suffering on the inside, no one understood the pain.

If your body needed insulin, would you deny it, saying "with my positive attitude, I will overcome diabetes"?

No - that would be ludicrous.

Just as the rest of our bodies can break down and not work as well as it should, so can happen with our minds. Our minds are made up of flesh and blood, just like the rest of us. It isn't a computer to program, we are not robots.

<b>A positive attitude helps, yes! But it can't "cure" true depression </b>

...Just my notes regarding true depression verses "a positive attitude"...</end quote></div>

I just wanted to say that I agree with this. IF it was as easy as being positive she wouldnt be comning here looking for help. Positive thoughts have their place no ??...but like you said if its chemical then it wont fix it!

clinging2faith

Hi Queenofeverything:

Thank you very much for your cordial advice. AS well as those who have posted their answers for me. i appreciate it all. I would like to say that perhaps you are only seeing the side of me when its "sad or depressed" and there is another side to me.
The undepressed one.

I have seen everything one has to see in this life, believe me. Being a disaster relief aide (which I was) showed me a lot, as well as anti poverty campaigner and coordinator of humanitarian aide for third world countires' poverty and handicapped victims. IN FACT I do have my own views on who is doing a lot worse than cf people.
The side I have not writen about has to do with compassion, chairity, healing aide, and my work and hobbies for people like the ones Angelina Jolie visits and helps worldwide. That takes all out of one. I give it all thre.
A lot of me and the many things i have been able ot do to keep positive for the longest time have been going there too. Until now. I think some people hre think i am always the sad depressed get away from person. but that is simply not the case.

i just go to the point. I wrote about the negative circumstance and feelings. Because I dont talk about it with the people who need my support and happy face.

Of course I do look at the good thigns I have. But when I say that I dont feel good or see much motivation good or bad day i mean in all it has to do with cf complications, not with all my life. (I guess you need to know that english is my second language and im not conveying all the meanings i see that now).

I've expressed exactly how i felt when not feeling good...to you all... I NEED TO GO BACK TO DISTANT LANDS TO HELP AND IM ILL WITH CF AND MORE...so it got to me and i wrote it here.

i have not expressed my entire life to you all
I have goodthings and good people yes and if i posted my resume here you would realize that in fact i am more positive than negative.

however im in a slump right now. with a million complications on my cf and though yes many ppl are worse...i have ogther problems medically not just cf and serious medical complications unrelated to cf but adding to it... so some days its hard for me to keep motivated it overwhelms me.

thank you all who have posted positively and nicely to me. i really appreciate it.
i have jotted down many suggestions i have not kept up with lately, though some i already do. but thanks a million to you all.

clinging2faith

Hi Queenofeverything:

Thank you very much for your cordial advice. AS well as those who have posted their answers for me. i appreciate it all. I would like to say that perhaps you are only seeing the side of me when its "sad or depressed" and there is another side to me.
The undepressed one.

I have seen everything one has to see in this life, believe me. Being a disaster relief aide (which I was) showed me a lot, as well as anti poverty campaigner and coordinator of humanitarian aide for third world countires' poverty and handicapped victims. IN FACT I do have my own views on who is doing a lot worse than cf people.
The side I have not writen about has to do with compassion, chairity, healing aide, and my work and hobbies for people like the ones Angelina Jolie visits and helps worldwide. That takes all out of one. I give it all thre.
A lot of me and the many things i have been able ot do to keep positive for the longest time have been going there too. Until now. I think some people hre think i am always the sad depressed get away from person. but that is simply not the case.

i just go to the point. I wrote about the negative circumstance and feelings. Because I dont talk about it with the people who need my support and happy face.

Of course I do look at the good thigns I have. But when I say that I dont feel good or see much motivation good or bad day i mean in all it has to do with cf complications, not with all my life. (I guess you need to know that english is my second language and im not conveying all the meanings i see that now).

I've expressed exactly how i felt when not feeling good...to you all... I NEED TO GO BACK TO DISTANT LANDS TO HELP AND IM ILL WITH CF AND MORE...so it got to me and i wrote it here.

I have goodthings and good people yes and if i posted my resume here you would realize that in fact i am more positive than negative.

however im in a slump right now. with a million complications on my cf and though yes many ppl are worse...i have ogther problems medically not just cf and serious medical complications unrelated to cf but adding to it... so some days its hard for me to keep motivated it overwhelms me.

thank you all who have posted positively and nicely to me. i really appreciate it.
i have jotted down many suggestions i have not kept up with lately, though some i already do. but thanks a million to you all.

clinging2faith

Hi Queenofeverything:

The undepressed one.

CaliSally

Clinging,
Don't worry if others can't accept your true feelings. At least you can let them out rather than leave them bottled up.

Sometimes we respond to the words only and forget there is a person behind them. I'm sure I've done that before. My posts on this topic are stictly from my own experience, not meant to be "in your face" as some here (on the board in general) can be.

All the answers in this life are never black and white. And any one who tries to make it so, hasn't lived long enough. yes, I believe there are "rules" in life as far as morality etc, but our physical and mental health are separate. God cares just as much for your emotionally well being as He does your physical well being.

Off of that... I agree with Jazzy, that coming here was a good start.
We will help you where we can.

CaliSally

Clinging,
Don't worry if others can't accept your true feelings. At least you can let them out rather than leave them bottled up.

Sometimes we respond to the words only and forget there is a person behind them. I'm sure I've done that before. My posts on this topic are stictly from my own experience, not meant to be "in your face" as some here (on the board in general) can be.

All the answers in this life are never black and white. And any one who tries to make it so, hasn't lived long enough. yes, I believe there are "rules" in life as far as morality etc, but our physical and mental health are separate. God cares just as much for your emotionally well being as He does your physical well being.

CaliSally

Clinging,

clinging2faith

what a sweetheart than you CaliSally, I appreciate your comments well.
Mary

clinging2faith

Mary

clinging2faith

Mary

clinging2faith

thank you all who have contributed with POSITIVE messages and no insults.
I appreciate all those who are helping and suggsting and sending me private msgs with all your care.

God Bless

clinging2faith

I appreciate all those who are helping and suggsting and sending me private msgs with all your care.

God Bless

clinging2faith

God Bless

beyerdug

a thank you to all those who are kindly responding

clinging2faith,

I originally posted that you took a good step in dealing with your issues by coming to this forum. I also stated that people here are really good at giving support. I should have said that the majority of people here are really good at giving support. Unfortunately, you have also experienced the other side of the fence too. Sometimes that side is louder, more verbal, and definitely hurtful. Don't judge this forum by the people that carry around such anger. I believe they are only trying to work out their issues as you and the rest of us are. Take the same advice you gave, don't read the posts by the angry, insulting, hurtful people and concentrate on those that want to help you. I truly hope you find a way to get out of your depression. It must be hard when you are dealing with continual sickness and a family that you believe is uncaring and not supportive of what you are going through. I hope the best for you!!!

beyerdug

clinging2faith,

I originally posted that you took a good step in dealing with your issues by coming to this forum. I also stated that people here are really good at giving support. I should have said that the majority of people here are really good at giving support. Unfortunately, you have also experienced the other side of the fence too. Sometimes that side is louder, more verbal, and definitely hurtful. Don't judge this forum by the people that carry around such anger. I believe they are only trying to work out their issues as you and the rest of us are. Take the same advice you gave, don't read the posts by the angry, insulting, hurtful people and concentrate on those that want to help you. I truly hope you find a way to get out of your depression. It must be hard when you are dealing with continual sickness and a family that you believe is uncaring and not supportive of what you are going through. I hope the best for you!!!

beyerdug

clinging2faith,

clinging2faith

Beyerbug,

Thank you so much for your kind caring reply in view of what i have had to read. You are right I should stick around for the nice people and supportive who also visit these site and ignore the nasty side of the fence. I thank you for letting me know that yes in fact some here are not only hurtful but too loud.
i will stick around with those who have showed true care and support and have sent me their private msgs and concerns and solutions. To those, thank you and a hug for you with all my heart.
God Bless You.

Mary

clinging2faith

Beyerbug,

Thank you so much for your kind caring reply in view of what i have had to read. You are right I should stick around for the nice people and supportive who also visit these site and ignore the nasty side of the fence. I thank you for letting me know that yes in fact some here are not only hurtful but too loud.
i will stick around with those who have showed true care and support and have sent me their private msgs and concerns and solutions. To those, thank you and a hug for you with all my heart.
God Bless You.

Mary

clinging2faith

Beyerbug,

God Bless You.

Mary