Stem Cell Research

maryann

I'm not sure where you get them, but what about adult stem cells? Is that what you get from cord blood?

maryann

I'm not sure where you get them, but what about adult stem cells? Is that what you get from cord blood?

maryann

spacemom

Hannah, you sound so clever and bright! Delicious! I loved your post!
I don't have a problem with stem cells. Human life for me only starts at viability of the fetus, or effective brain activity. I know it's life since conception, but we all kill for many reasons, from eating to showing off fur coats and almost no one has a problem with that.
Anyway as someone said, there are other ways of getting stem cells, even from inside the nose.
I just don't get how would stem cells work as genetic therapy for CF?? Please fill me in :)

spacemom

I don't have a problem with stem cells. Human life for me only starts at viability of the fetus, or effective brain activity. I know it's life since conception, but we all kill for many reasons, from eating to showing off fur coats and almost no one has a problem with that.
Anyway as someone said, there are other ways of getting stem cells, even from inside the nose.
I just don't get how would stem cells work as genetic therapy for CF?? Please fill me in :)

spacemom

spacemom

spacemom