Sterilizing pari mask

Beccamom

My doctor recommended that i try to use a mask with my hypersal to see if my sinuses improve. How do you sterilize the neb mask? I wash my nebs in hot soapy water and rinse them, then I sterilize in a baby bottle sterilizer and dry them.

Do you have a separate mask for each neb cup?

How do you wash and sterilize the mask? Can I sterilize the pari mask in the baby bottle sterilizer?

i am hoping parents may have a good idea since mostly little kids use the mask.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
We just wash in dishwasher. Heated cycle and heat dry.
our sons sinus are clear so far and I really think the hyper dal via mask is a huge reason why.

Beccamom

We just wash in dishwasher. Heated cycle and heat dry.
our sons sinus are clear so far and I really think the hyper dal via mask is a huge reason why.

Thank you that worked great. Do you use a new mask with each neb? Or do you run the dishwasher after each treatment?

M

Murphysmama

We rinse mask with hot water and run through Avent steam baby bottle sterilizer along with the neb cup and parts. Totally worth the cost of the sterilizer. Pulmo was very clear that the sterilizer had to be the steam version.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
We use one for dope ex and hyper sal ans different for pulmozyme, but we have like 20 masks and do 2 loads per week of just news and masks. Call your hospital med equip and ask if they can discount you some extra masks. And then call every six months to get ones insurance covers. Insurance should cover 2 because you need two different one if you have pulmozyme.

Justinsmama

Hi, we have the side neb cup for hyper sal and I have a question about the masks. Justin is 8 years old. I ordered the adult mask and it is way too big. I just ordered the kids (I think it is a turtle) but it says for 5 and under. He still uses the fish mask for xopenex. What mask does your child use?

K

Kaethe108

They found Pseudomonas in dishwashers, so this is NOT recommended.
All Pari parts are made so that you can sterilize them. Either put in the baby bottle sterilizer or cook in boiling water for 10 min.

scrapper1264

Hi, we have the side neb cup for hyper sal and I have a question about the masks. Justin is 8 years old. I ordered the adult mask and it is way too big. I just ordered the kids (I think it is a turtle) but it says for 5 and under. He still uses the fish mask for xopenex. What mask does your child use?

My son is 10 and he still uses the pediatric mask.

We sanitize them with the Avent sterilizer as well.

JustaCFmom

I have been afraid to put mine in our sterilizer (it's the kind that goes into the microwave). The instructions seemed to rule it out as an option. Has anyone used this kind of sterilizer and is it really OK?

I put the mask in a sealed container that is filled with 70% alcohol and leave it there for a while. Then I rinse off the mask with boiled water and let it air dry (or just use it as is).

K

Kaethe108

Our sterilizer uses 90 degree celsius steam for ca. 8 minutes.