Steroids while BF

Scarlett81

Crap I started a medrol pack (prednisone) and I totally forgot about bf and safety.
Has anyone been on this while bf?
I took it alot while preg, but I know there's a difference in absorption.

I leave for FL in like, 2 hours....I gotta figure this out before I go.

(bye everyone, btw-be back in a few weeks!)

Scarlett81

Crap I started a medrol pack (prednisone) and I totally forgot about bf and safety.

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

wanted to let u know-just looked up methylprednisolone at hale's website and its safe. prednisone is safe in doses up to 80 mgs a day, i'm on a taper starting at 24 mgs, so I'm fine.
but i'd still be interested to hear of anyone else who's done it just for info.

Scarlett81

wanted to let u know-just looked up methylprednisolone at hale's website and its safe. prednisone is safe in doses up to 80 mgs a day, i'm on a taper starting at 24 mgs, so I'm fine.

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

H

hopesiris

I took it when I had redmans syndrome right after Amelia was born and I still breastfed. Benedryl is not safe so if you need that for allergies you have to pump and dump for 24 hours after you take it. Have a great trip!

B

H

hopesiris

I took it when I had redmans syndrome right after Amelia was born and I still breastfed. Benedryl is not safe so if you need that for allergies you have to pump and dump for 24 hours after you take it. Have a great trip!

B

H

hopesiris

B

H

hopesiris

B

H

hopesiris

B

LouLou

I was on a tapered dose for a vasculitis flare up. THen we had to keep me at 10 mgs for around 3 weeks to keep the vasculitis under control. I breastfed during the whole time and saw no side effects in me or my baby.

LouLou

I was on a tapered dose for a vasculitis flare up. THen we had to keep me at 10 mgs for around 3 weeks to keep the vasculitis under control. I breastfed during the whole time and saw no side effects in me or my baby.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou