Stomach distension

rosieg414

Hi everybody. This is my first post and I just have a quick question. No matter what I do (I always take my enzymes and everything and exercise a ton) my stomach sticks out (like I look pregnant). It's awful looking and I hate it and I was wondering if anyone knew the cause of this or any tricks to help it (I don't even know if it's a CF problem).

Thanks in advance!

Gammaw

Super Moderator
I believe it is related to CF. We used to affectionately call it our son's "pancreatic pooch". Always had to buy him a size larger than normal to fit comfortably around the waist . Frankly I believe it has to do with the slow movement (i.e. backup) of waste in the intestines. Be sure to check with you CF doc though......a distended abdomen can be due to many things, and not only might s/he explain it better, you might need increased enzymes or other tweaks!

Simba15

Here are the two things that helped mine. No I am not joking:
1. I changed to NO glueten! If I eat it my belly blows up.
2. I started Yoga _ I always exercised but yoga did something to reduce this.

Hi everybody. This is my first post and I just have a quick question. No matter what I do (I always take my enzymes and everything and exercise a ton) my stomach sticks out (like I look pregnant). It's awful looking and I hate it and I was wondering if anyone knew the cause of this or any tricks to help it (I don't even know if it's a CF problem).

Thanks in advance!

imported_Momto2

When I was younger, wheat, fat, and dairy always did that to me. It was quite embarrassing, especially as a teen. Now only wheat bloats me up a bit and I dont eat fat at all. Eating small amounts at a time seems to help, as does staying fit. And your not alone, bloated belly is definitely a CF thing. One thing that I have found that helps a little bit is drinking ginger tea with probiotics. And when I WAS eating fat, drinking a cup of black tea seem to cut the fat. Interestingly, it was my grandmother who suggested this to me! She said it always worked for her, and she was right!