Stomach Muscle Spasm with Cough

LiveOutLoud

So, this is the first for this crazy, random feeling. Once I cough, I have a muscle spasm in my lower stomach. My stomach actually moves like 4 times! It's visible to even another person. THe spasm is mostly under my scar from when I had surgery as a baby due to meconiumileus. Any one else experience this? Any causes for this to occur now at age 26? lol?

LiveOutLoud

So, this is the first for this crazy, random feeling. Once I cough, I have a muscle spasm in my lower stomach. My stomach actually moves like 4 times! It's visible to even another person. THe spasm is mostly under my scar from when I had surgery as a baby due to meconiumileus. Any one else experience this? Any causes for this to occur now at age 26? lol?

LiveOutLoud

lilmac7

Not sure if what I get is the same thing but at time of really hard caughing I'll get spasms but it's more like my abs and yes I can see it and it very clearly, different abs at different occasions too. Sometimes it'll release during or between caughs other times I have to stretch or lean back to get the cramp to release. I have no surgery scars or g-tube or anything and it happens so if this is the same thing you are refering to I don't think it has anything to do with the surgery but just basically a cramp from caughing hard just like if you're someone that works out you must've had an instance where if you flex your calf muscle long and hard enough it'll cramp and even to the point that you might have to physically grab your foot and bend it the other way to release it.

lilmac7

Not sure if what I get is the same thing but at time of really hard caughing I'll get spasms but it's more like my abs and yes I can see it and it very clearly, different abs at different occasions too. Sometimes it'll release during or between caughs other times I have to stretch or lean back to get the cramp to release. I have no surgery scars or g-tube or anything and it happens so if this is the same thing you are refering to I don't think it has anything to do with the surgery but just basically a cramp from caughing hard just like if you're someone that works out you must've had an instance where if you flex your calf muscle long and hard enough it'll cramp and even to the point that you might have to physically grab your foot and bend it the other way to release it.

lilmac7

lilywing

i get this quite often after coughing super hard, or even not that hard! i think it's just like a muscle cramp/spasm, and i don't think it's anything to worry about. i have numerous scars on the my left side from a splenectomy, and it doesn't seem to be to happen there. if it helps, i haven't always had them, maybe started to notice a 3 or 4 years ago (I'm 32).

lilywing

i get this quite often after coughing super hard, or even not that hard! i think it's just like a muscle cramp/spasm, and i don't think it's anything to worry about. i have numerous scars on the my left side from a splenectomy, and it doesn't seem to be to happen there. if it helps, i haven't always had them, maybe started to notice a 3 or 4 years ago (I'm 32).

lilywing

PeterXC

I get similar stuff all over, especially in my chest area and intercostal muscles (between the ribs). For me it has more to do with high blood sugar and and the resulting dehydration - i also live in the desert which does not help. On your labs check your sodium and potassium just to be sure they are not low.
Otherwise, maybe incorporate some core strengthening into any workout you might do.
Good luck

PeterXC

I get similar stuff all over, especially in my chest area and intercostal muscles (between the ribs). For me it has more to do with high blood sugar and and the resulting dehydration - i also live in the desert which does not help. On your labs check your sodium and potassium just to be sure they are not low.
Otherwise, maybe incorporate some core strengthening into any workout you might do.
Good luck

PeterXC

<br />Otherwise, maybe incorporate some core strengthening into any workout you might do.
<br />Good luck